Really, the only way to find cheaper prices for Dodge Nitro insurance in Dallas is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Texas.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how companies set rates and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents and a low credit score can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple companies. View a list of agents
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The critical component of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get price quotes from every insurance company. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Consumers who shop around for cheaper prices will, in all likelihood, buy a new policy because there is a high probability of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent auto insurance study discovered that drivers who regularly shopped around saved as much as $72 a month compared to policyholders who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the lowest rates on Dodge Nitro insurance in Dallas is the reason you’re here, knowing the best ways to shop for coverages can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
The most recommended method to get rate comparisons for Dodge Nitro insurance in Dallas is to understand almost all companies provide online access to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is give them some information like whether you are married, what you do for a living, if you require a SR-22, and distance driven. That rating data is instantly submitted to insurance carriers in your area and you receive quotes immediately.
To start a rate quote now, click here and enter your zip code.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide quotes in Dallas, TX. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Dodge Nitro has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Car insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your Dodge gets damaged, your car insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. But the average American driver overpays as much as $865 each year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to save money.
The coverage information displayed below outlines a range of rate quotes for Dodge Nitro models. Having a better idea how insurance prices are determined is important for making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Nitro Heat 2WD||$190||$302||$444||$26||$132||$1,094||$91|
|Nitro SE 2WD||$190||$302||$444||$26||$132||$1,094||$91|
|Nitro SE 4WD||$218||$302||$444||$26||$132||$1,122||$94|
|Nitro SXT 2WD||$218||$302||$444||$26||$132||$1,122||$94|
|Nitro Heat 4WD||$218||$302||$444||$26||$132||$1,122||$94|
|Nitro Detonator 2WD||$218||$368||$444||$26||$132||$1,188||$99|
|Nitro SXT 4WD||$218||$368||$444||$26||$132||$1,188||$99|
|Nitro Shock 2WD||$218||$368||$444||$26||$132||$1,188||$99|
|Nitro Detonator 4WD||$218||$368||$444||$26||$132||$1,188||$99|
|Nitro Shock 4WD||$246||$368||$444||$26||$132||$1,216||$101|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can revise premiums substantially.
Male drivers compared to female drivers
The example below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Nitro insurance prices for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage?
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Nitro annual premium costs with full coverage compared to only the Texas minimum liability coverage. The information is based on a clean driving record, no claims, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There isn’t a written rule to stop paying for physical damage insurance, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Nitro book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying over $300 a year to have full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage in place.
Affordable Dallas car insurance rates with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you can get discounts to help offset the cost. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but a few must be specially asked for in order for you to get them.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning a home in Dallas may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Dallas auto insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Telematics Devices – People who choose to allow their car insurance company to scrutinize driving manner by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
- College Student Discount – Any of your kids who live away from home at college and don’t have a car could get you a discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better rates if you take out some life insurance too.
- Military Rewards – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Accident Forgiveness – Not really a discount, but a few companies such as Allstate and State Farm will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage so long as you are claim-free for a specific time period.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers pay less when compared to bad drivers.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
The example below illustrates the difference between Dodge Nitro insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the premium. The information is based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Larger car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- State Farm has discounts for good driver, passive restraint, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, and safe vehicle.
- Esurance may include discounts for good driver, paid-in-full, claim free, DriveSense, Switch & Save, multi-car, and Pac-12 alumni.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including hybrid vehicle, exclusive group savings, good student, safety features, and teen driver discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include good student, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, paid in full, and paperless.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for daytime running lights, military active duty, federal employee, defensive driver, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, and multi-policy.
When quoting, ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not be available to policyholders everywhere. If you would like to see a list of insurers who offer car insurance discounts in Texas, click here.
How much insurance do I need?
Always remember that when buying coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Is my trailer covered?
- Is my Dodge Nitro covered for smoke damage?
- What does medical payments cover?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Can I cancel at any time?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form.