If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get budget car insurance rates is to annually compare prices from providers who sell auto insurance in Dallas. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
First, learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic citations and an imperfect credit rating can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Second, compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Dallas. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your company or agent to cancel the current policy. Submit a completed application and payment to the new company. As soon as you receive it, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to use the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to compare every insurance company. This provides an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
It’s astonishing, but nearly 70% of drivers have been with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Dallas consumers could cut their rates by nearly $1,800 a year just by comparing rates, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to shop around.
The quickest method to compare car insurance rates for Dodge Durango insurance in Dallas is to know the fact all the major auto insurance companies allow for online access to provide you with free rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is give the companies some data like any included safety features, your occupation, how much coverage you want, and how many miles driven. Your information is automatically sent to insurance companies and you will receive price estimates very quickly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Dallas.
The following companies are ready to provide quotes in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Lower rate quotes by taking advantage of discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates.
- Good Grades Discount – Maintaining excellent grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some companies give lower rates if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Pay Early and Save – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Drive Less and Save – Low annual miles could qualify for lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some companies give discounts for renewing your policy before your current Durango insurance policy expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home in Dallas can save you money because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
The best auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- Esurance has savings for homeowner, safety device, defensive driver, renters, and paid-in-full.
- The Hartford may offer discounts for bundle, anti-theft, defensive driver, driver training, air bag, and vehicle fuel type.
- AAA offers discounts for anti-theft, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, multi-car, good student, good driver, and multi-policy.
- GEICO has discounts for emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, and multi-policy.
- State Farm includes discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, passive restraint, anti-theft, accident-free, and multiple autos.
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts might not apply everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of auto insurance companies who offer cheap Dodge Durango insurance quotes in Dallas, click this link.
Independent or exclusive auto insurance agents
A lot of people just prefer to talk to a local agent and often times that is recommended Most agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help you file claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you can always go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking an insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Dallas should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Dallas?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Dallas?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
When searching for a reliable insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agents are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both write insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the differences since it can impact which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel have only one company to place business with and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. They are well schooled in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Dallas that can give you price quotes.
- Jon Essary – State Farm Insurance Agent
1214 W Davis St – Dallas, TX 75208 – (214) 948-6000 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jonathan Crisler
1350 N Buckner Blvd #218 – Dallas, TX 75218 – (214) 324-7676 – View Map
- Marybel Castilleja – State Farm Insurance Agent
4444 W Jefferson Blvd Ste 620 – Dallas, TX 75211 – (214) 331-7680 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies do not write with just one company so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to switch agencies. When comparing insurance prices, you definitely need to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most have the option of insuring with small regional insurance companies which may provide better rates.
The following are Dallas independent agencies willing to provide price quote information.
- Nationwide Insurance: Paula L Ratliff Agency Inc
11661 Preston Rd #146 – Dallas, TX 75230 – (214) 890-0760 – View Map
- Insurance One
14180 Dallas Pkwy #900 – Dallas, TX 75254 – (972) 267-8000 – View Map
- Thumann Agency, Inc
12770 Coit Rd Suite 110 – Dallas, TX 75251 – (972) 991-9100 – View Map
If you feel you receive good answers to any questions you have as well as low cost Dodge Durango insurance quotes, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that will properly service your insurance policy.
Dodge Durango Insurance Premium Factors
Lots of things are used when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but other criteria are more transparent such as whether you are married or your commute time.
The factors shown below are a partial list of the pieces that factor into your rate level.
- Discounts for married drivers – Getting married may save some money when buying insurance. Having a significant other may mean you are less irresponsible and insurance companies like that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Rates impacted by vehicle usage – The higher the miles on your Dodge in a year the higher your rate. Most companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use receive better premium rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It’s a smart idea to ensure your insurance policy shows the correct driver usage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Durango is throwing money out the window.
- Poor driving habits means higher premiums – Your driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Drivers who don’t get tickets have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Getting just one moving violation can increase rates substantially. Drivers who get careless violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to legally drive.
- Save money with theft deterrents – Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms help track and prevent your car from being stolen.
- Always have insurance – Driving without insurance coverage in place is a misdemeanor and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. In addition to paying higher premiums, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time. You may then be required to file a SR-22 with the Texas DMV.
Dodge Durango insurance claim data – Insurance companies use statistical claims data when they calculate premium rates for each model. Models that historically have higher frequency or amount of claims will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Dodge Durango vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles compiled together is equal to 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Dodge Durango Models Specific Dodge Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Dodge Durango 4dr 2WD 88 110 91 104 90 100 Dodge Durango 4dr 4WD 90 115 97 92 93 102BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Dodge has a lienholder, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Dodge at a much higher rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your Dodge and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is wasting up to $830 a year so you should quote rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Do the work, save more money
A few companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent agents. Cost effective Dodge Durango insurance can be found online as well as from independent agents in Dallas, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, high prices, unfair underwriting practices and even lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding the right car insurance provider can be pretty painless.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, an insured cut physical damage coverage to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Much more information about car insurance in Texas can be read at the links below
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a School Permit in Dallas? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)