A study showed that most Texas auto insurance customers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and just short of a majority have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Many consumers in the United States can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t know how much they could save if they changed companies.
To save the most money, the best way to get discount auto insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from providers that sell auto insurance in Dallas.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about coverages and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as high-risk driving behaviors and an unacceptable credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Continue reading for more ideas to get cheaper coverage and get discounts that may be available to you.
Second, get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key aspect of shopping around is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and to quote with as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Companies offering affordable Dodge Dakota prices in Dallas, TX
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Dallas, TX. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
The coverage table displayed next covers a range of insurance coverage prices for Dodge Dakota models. Having a good grasp of how insurance prices are formulated helps drivers make decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 2WD||$176||$384||$642||$38||$192||$1,432||$119|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 2WD||$176||$384||$642||$38||$192||$1,432||$119|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 2WD||$202||$384||$642||$38||$192||$1,458||$122|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 2WD||$202||$384||$642||$38||$192||$1,458||$122|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 2WD||$202||$452||$642||$38||$192||$1,526||$127|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 2WD||$202||$452||$642||$38||$192||$1,526||$127|
|Dakota Bighorn Ext Cab 4WD||$228||$384||$514||$30||$154||$1,310||$109|
|Dakota ST Ext Cab 4WD||$228||$384||$514||$30||$154||$1,310||$109|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 2WD||$228||$452||$642||$38||$192||$1,552||$129|
|Dakota ST Crew Cab 4WD||$228||$384||$514||$30||$154||$1,310||$109|
|Dakota Lonestar Ext Cab 4WD||$228||$384||$514||$30||$154||$1,310||$109|
|Dakota Bighorn Crew Cab 4WD||$228||$384||$514||$30||$154||$1,310||$109|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$228||$452||$514||$30||$154||$1,378||$115|
|Dakota TRX Crew Cab 4WD||$228||$452||$514||$30||$154||$1,378||$115|
|Dakota Lonestar Crew Cab 4WD||$228||$452||$514||$30||$154||$1,378||$115|
|Dakota Laramie Crew Cab 4WD||$254||$452||$514||$30||$154||$1,404||$117|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Table data does not factor in specific Dallas garaging location which can alter rates noticeably.
Get discounts on Dallas car insurance
Auto insurance companies don’t list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both well-publicized and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using when you buy Dallas car insurance online.
- Accident Waiver – Not really a discount, but certain companies allow you one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts could save 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Online Discount – A few larger online companies provide a small discount get Dallas car insurance online.
- College Student – Youth drivers who are attending college and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a small discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The information below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Dakota insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The premiums are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
Some of the larger companies that may offer these discounts include:
If you need lower rates, check with each company which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders in Dallas. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies with discount rates in Dallas, click here to view.
Car insurance quotes from local Dallas insurance agents
A small number of people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is OK! Professional agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is you may find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is sent to companies in Dallas who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you. In the event you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, you just need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on a provider should depend on more than just the premium amount. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How are claims handled?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Texas?
The following are agents in Dallas that are able to give comparison quotes for Dodge Dakota insurance in Dallas.
- Porter-Brandenburg Agency
12160 Abrams Rd – Dallas, TX 75243 – (972) 234-5588 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Paula L Ratliff Agency Inc
11661 Preston Rd #146 – Dallas, TX 75230 – (214) 890-0760 – View Map
- Marybel Castilleja – State Farm Insurance Agent
4444 W Jefferson Blvd Ste 620 – Dallas, TX 75211 – (214) 331-7680 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: The Rod Hanks Agency Inc
6300 Samuell Blvd #05 – Dallas, TX 75228 – (214) 275-8372 – View Map
Affordable auto insurance rates are possible
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, denial of a claim, policy non-renewal and questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where someone dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
We’ve covered many ways to lower your Dodge Dakota insurance prices in Dallas. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the lowest prices come from some of the lesser-known companies.
Much more information about auto insurance in Texas is available at these links:
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Police Officers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Dallas Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Dallas Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Camry in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)