A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that most auto insurance policyholders kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Texas drivers could pocket roughly $1,770 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate the amount of money they would save if they switched.
The best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from companies in Dallas. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- First, try to learn a little about coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many rating factors that cause rate increases such as multiple speeding tickets and a low credit score can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. Keep reading for additional tips to help keep prices low and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple sources. Click to view companies
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment and a signed application for your new policy. Once received, place your new proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The most important part of this process is to compare the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Locating the best rates in Dallas can be easy if you know a few tricks. If you have a current insurance policy, you will most likely be able to lower your rates using the ideas covered in this article. Nevertheless, Texas drivers should learn how the larger insurance companies market insurance on the web because rates are impacted by many factors.
Companies offering cheap Subaru Outback rates in Dallas, TX
The auto insurance companies shown below offer free quotes in Dallas, TX. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Subaru Outback insurance coverage information
The data table shown below highlights a range of insurance prices for Subaru Outback models. Having insight into how auto insurance policy rates are formulated can benefit drivers when making decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Outback 2.5I Premium||$378||$496||$500||$30||$150||$1,554||$130|
|Outback 2.5I Limited||$378||$496||$500||$30||$150||$1,554||$130|
|Outback 3.6R Premium||$378||$496||$500||$30||$150||$1,554||$130|
|Outback 3.6R Limited||$422||$584||$500||$30||$150||$1,686||$141|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in garaging location in Dallas which can alter auto insurance rates greatly.
The diagram below shows how different deductible levels and can affect Subaru Outback insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The data assumes a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Insurance rates based on gender
The information below illustrates the difference between Subaru Outback insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no accidents or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Subaru Outback auto insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The costs are based on no violations or claims, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no clear-cut rule to exclude physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Subaru Outback claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $6,000 after the deductible is paid. If premiums are more than $600 a year for full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some scenarios where dropping full coverage is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Find Subaru Outback Insurance for Less
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that are used to determine the rates you pay for insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but some are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
- Rates can be impacted by your occupation – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for insurance? Jobs like doctors, business owners, and stock brokers tend to have the highest average rates due to stressful work requirements and incredibly demanding work hours. On the flip side, occupations like farmers, engineers and retirees have lower than average premiums.
- Lower rates for married couples – Being married may save some money on insurance. Having a spouse may mean you are less irresponsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers get in fewer accidents.
The type of car you drive affects your premiums – The performance level of the car you drive makes a big difference in your auto insurance rates. The best insurance prices are usually for economy passenger vehicles, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The following chart uses these assumptions: single female driver age 30, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Subaru Outback policy rates compared to other makes and models that have different performance rating factors.
- Liability insurance limits are a factor – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage will provide protection if you are found liable for an accident. This coverage provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Decrease rates by maintaining coverage – Allowing your insurance policy to lapse will be a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may then be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Texas motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Your address can affect price – Residing in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when shopping for auto insurance. People in densely populated areas have more auto accidents and more severe claims. Fewer drivers on the road means less chance of accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
Subaru Outback historical loss data – Insurers use past loss statistics for each vehicle when setting premium rates. Vehicles that tend to have a trend towards higher claims will cost more to insure. The information below illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Subaru Outback vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is set at 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
Subaru Outback Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru Outback 4WD 58 68 106 63 64 68 Subaru Outback with Eyesight 4WD 57 46 106 61 58 40BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts can help to save on Subaru Outback insurance in Dallas
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may find discounts to cut the cost considerably. A few discounts will automatically apply when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be specifically requested before you will receive the discount.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you can afford to pay the entire bill as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Distant College Student Discount – Kids living away from Dallas attending college and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially when compared to bad drivers.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds who allow companies to look at their driving habits remotely such as State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Driver Safety – Completing a course teaching safe driver skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount and make you a better driver.
- Drive Safe and Save – Accident-free drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Dallas auto insurance quote compared to accident prone drivers.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company you could save at least 10% off all policies.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think you could get a free auto insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The illustration below compares Subaru Outback insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The rates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
Some of the larger companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
If you want affordable Dallas auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts may not be available everywhere.
What if I want to buy from local Dallas insurance agencies?
Certain consumers still prefer to sit down with an agent and doing that can be a smart decision An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but also keep your business local.
By using this quick form, your coverage information is transmitted to companies in Dallas who will give you bids for your coverage. You won’t need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. It’s the lowest rates without having to waste a lot of time. If for some reason you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Choosing an company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Get answers to these questions too.
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
Independent or Exclusive: It’s your choice
If you need to find an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. These agents are unable to shop your coverage around so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are trained well on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Dallas who can help you get price quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents are not employed by any specific company so they can write business amongst many companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured.
When comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you include independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
The following are independent insurance agents in Dallas that can give you price quote information.
If you get good answers to any questions you may have and a good coverage price, you have narrowed it down to a car insurance agent that can be trusted to insure your vehicles.
Be persistent and save
While you’re price shopping online, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
You just learned a lot of tips how to save on Subaru Outback insurance in Dallas. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding low cost Dallas auto insurance quotes. You may even find the best car insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier. They often have lower premium rates on specific markets than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found in the articles below:
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Dallas Auto Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Focus in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Dallas Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)