Nobody I know looks forward to paying premiums for auto insurance, especially when they know their premiums are through the roof.
It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Consumers who shop around at least once a year will probably move their business because there is a high probability of finding a lower-priced company. A study discovered that drivers who compared prices regularly saved as much as $3,500 over four years compared to people who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the lowest price for Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Dallas is the reason you’re reading this, then having some insight into how to get rate quotes and compare coverages can save time and make the process easier. Online insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive continually hit you with ad campaigns and it is difficult to avoid their marketing magic and take the time to shop coverage around.
It’s a good idea to shop coverage around on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance rates are constantly changing. Just because you had the lowest rate on Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Dallas at your last renewal a different company probably has better prices today. Forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the things you must know in order to lower your annual insurance bill.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get the cheapest price.
Score discounts to get cheaper Dallas auto insurance quotes
Some providers don’t always publicize every policy discount very clearly, so the list below details some of the more common and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving when you buy Dallas auto insurance online.
- Online Discount – Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing digitally online.
- Professional Organizations – Joining qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% with select insurance companies.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a course in driver safety could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Driver Education Discount – Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them enroll in driver’s education in school.
- Homeowners Savings – Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
Consumers should know that most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Auto insurance companies who might offer some of the above discounts include:
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in Dallas.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Mercedes-Benz in Dallas, insuring your vehicle may not be optional for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Mercedes-Benz, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Mercedes-Benz for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG but also your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies every year to ensure rates are competitive.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether or not you may require specific advice.
- When should I drop full coverage on my Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Dallas?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Texas?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Are insurance agents of importance?
Some people just want to get advice from a local agent. Experienced insurance agents will help you protect your assets and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of comparing insurance online is the fact that drivers can get lower premium rates and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Dallas who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent on your own because prices are sent directly to your email. If you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Selecting a insurer shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Texas?
- How long has their agency been in business in Dallas?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
If you want a local insurance agency, it’s important to understand the types of insurance agents to choose from. Insurance agents in Dallas are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning the differences because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Dallas that are able to give price quote information.
Independent Insurance Agencies
These type of agents often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparison shopping, you will want to get rate quotes from several independent agencies to maximize your price options.
Shown below are independent agencies in Dallas willing to provide price quote information.
Nationwide Insurance: Comparable Insurance Agency Inc
9750 Walnut St Ste 106 – Dallas, TX 75243 – (214) 575-2750 – View Map
Eves Insurance Agency
1318 Pioneer Dr – Dallas, TX 75224 – (214) 941-1300 – View Map
Car insurance coverage information
Knowing the specifics of auto insurance aids in choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Auto insurance terms can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision coverage – This covers damage to your SLS AMG resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims such as crashing into a building, colliding with a tree, scraping a guard rail, hitting a parking meter and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible on your SLS AMG to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability car insurance – This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people by causing an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show values of 30/60/25 which stand for $30,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $60,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like funeral expenses, emergency aid and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as much as you can afford. Texas requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
The chart below shows why buying the state minimum limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Coverage for medical payments – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for bills like X-ray expenses, hospital visits, prosthetic devices, ambulance fees and chiropractic care. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG.
Since many Texas drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (30/60/25 in Texas), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Comprehensive coverages – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as hitting a bird, damage from a tornado or hurricane, vandalism and damage from getting keyed. The most your auto insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.