If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get discount Mazda 2 insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from providers in Dallas. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and a bad credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Keep reading for the details to get lower rates and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple companies. Compare rates now
Step 3: Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and change companies, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Step 4: Notify your company or agent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application for the new policy. Be sure to keep the new proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
A tip to remember is to use identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that nearly 70% of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. Texas insurance shoppers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue the big savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
When comparison shopping, comparing all the rates in your area will improve the odds of getting a lower rate.
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in Dallas, TX. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Three main reasons to buy auto insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Mazda in Dallas, buying auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Mazda 2 has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Mazda for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, insurance protects both your Mazda and your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Mazda as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America overpays as much as $865 each year so compare rates at least once a year to save money.
Get lower-cost rates on Mazda 2 insurance in Dallas with these discounts
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but some must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies give discounts for switching to them before your current 2 insurance policy expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with a lower price if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Accident Free – Dallas drivers who stay claim-free can save substantially in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt could save 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride. Any amount of discount will lower your premiums.
A few popular companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- GEICO has discounts for driver training, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, and federal employee.
- Travelers offers discounts including multi-car, save driver, student away at school, continuous insurance, driver training, and multi-policy.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for youthful driver, driver training, good student, 55 and retired, and renewal discount.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for newly retired, newly married, good student, preferred payment discount, new graduate, exclusive group savings, and hybrid vehicle.
- American Family discounts include Steer into Savings, air bags, good student, mySafetyValet, early bird, and bundled insurance.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online signing.
Before buying, ask every company which discounts they offer. A few discounts might not be offered in Dallas.
When to contact an agent
Some people still like to go talk to an agent and that is just fine! One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Dallas auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered to you directly. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good company requires more thought than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Dallas, get answers to these questions.
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Texas?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
If you are searching for a local Dallas insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents and how they are slightly different. Dallas agents are considered either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company’s prices and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers sometimes purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Dallas who can help you get price quote information.
- Ann Nguyen – State Farm Insurance Agent
12655 N Central Expy #310 – Dallas, TX 75243 – (214) 692-0900 – View Map
- State Farm: Dwight Hill
10300 N Central Expy #296 – Dallas, TX 75231 – (469) 232-2396 – View Map
- Joe Pearce – State Farm Insurance Agent
9543 Losa Dr #111 – Dallas, TX 75218 – (214) 327-9315 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents often have many company appointments and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s recommended you compare prices from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection. Most also write with companies that do not advertise much that many times have cheaper rates.
Below are Dallas independent insurance agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Paula L Ratliff Agency Inc
11661 Preston Rd #146 – Dallas, TX 75230 – (214) 890-0760 – View Map
- Porter-Brandenburg Agency
12160 Abrams Rd – Dallas, TX 75243 – (972) 234-5588 – View Map
- Steven Graves Insurance
11300 N Central Expy #430 – Dallas, TX 75243 – (214) 599-0808 – View Map
Do I just need basic coverages?
When it comes to buying coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if you would benefit from professional advice.
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Cover all your bases
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, questionable increases in premium, not issuing a premium refund and denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to find cheap Mazda 2 insurance in Dallas. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Dallas auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed collision coverage only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be found by following these links:
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- How Much are Dallas Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in Dallas? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Focus in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Dallas Car Insurance Rates for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)