It’s a known fact that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Consumers who shop around will most likely buy a new policy because there is a great chance of finding a lower-priced company. A recent auto insurance study revealed that people who regularly compared rates saved approximately $850 each year as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If saving the most money on auto insurance in Dallas is your objective, learning how to get free comparison quotes and analyze coverages can make the process more efficient.
The preferred way to get affordable car insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies in Dallas.
- Gain an understanding of how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like accidents, traffic violations, and an unacceptable credit history can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on Stratus insurance. If you can save some money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to remember is to use identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
Affordable Dodge insurance rate quotes in Dallas
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Dallas, TX. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Discounts can help to save on Dodge Stratus insurance in Dallas
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might already qualify for some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Many discounts should be triggered when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure multiple cars with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- College Student Discount – Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Dallas and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military may lower your rates slightly.
- E-sign Discounts – A handful of insurance companies provide a small discount for signing up on their website.
- Drivers Education – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course in high school.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new Stratus can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
You can save money using discounts, but most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Larger car insurance companies and their possible discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, good student, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including business and professional, switch companies, distant student, homeowner, teen driver, and early shopping.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for youthful driver, 55 and retired, safe driver, multi-vehicle, driver training, renewal discount, and good student.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for safe vehicle, passive restraint, anti-theft, driver’s education, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO offers discounts for defensive driver, military active duty, anti-theft, good student, driver training, federal employee, and air bags.
- SAFECO has discounts for anti-theft, drive less, accident prevention training, multi-car, and anti-lock brakes.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for preferred payment discount, safety features, newly retired, multi-policy, teen driver discount, and newly married.
If you are trying to find inexpensive Dallas car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company the best way to save money. A few discounts might not apply in every state. To locate providers with significant discounts in Dallas, click here to view.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Dallas car insurance agent
Certain consumers still prefer to visit with an insurance agent. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Dallas that can provide free Dallas car insurance quotes for your business. You don’t have to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. You can find lower rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you would need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Dallas?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
Different types of Dallas auto insurance agents
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a local Dallas insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies from which to choose. Agents in Dallas are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the prominent brand name and solid financial strength.
The following are Dallas exclusive agencies willing to provide price quote information.
- John Hall – State Farm Insurance Agent
3110 Webb Ave #205 – Dallas, TX 75205 – (972) 807-2051 – View Map
- Marybel Castilleja – State Farm Insurance Agent
4444 W Jefferson Blvd Ste 620 – Dallas, TX 75211 – (214) 331-7680 – View Map
- State Farm Insurance: Scott LaDuke Agency
2702 McKinney Ave #203 – Dallas, TX 75204 – (214) 740-1800 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not required to write business for one company so they can write business through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you will definitely want to check rates from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates. Most have the option of insuring with small regional insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Dallas who can help you get rate quotes.
- Associations Insurance Agency, Inc.
5401 N Central Expy Suite 200 – Dallas, TX 75205 – (866) 384-8579 – View Map
- Frederiksen and Frederiksen Insurance
12900 Preston Rd #500 – Dallas, TX 75230 – (972) 387-8646 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Paula L Ratliff Agency Inc
11661 Preston Rd #146 – Dallas, TX 75230 – (214) 890-0760 – View Map
After getting good responses to any questions you may have and cheaper Stratus insurance quotes, chances are good that you have found an auto insurance agent that is reliable enough to provide car insurance coverage.
Don’t give up on affordable rates
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, extreme rates for teen drivers or policy cancellation. Whatever your reason, choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Cost effective Dodge Stratus insurance can be purchased both online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you need to quote Dallas car insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these regional carriers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
To learn more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Dallas Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Dallas Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)