Are you looking for a better way to compare more competitive Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Dallas? Finding cheaper Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Dallas might be quite difficult for drivers not familiar with online price comparisons. With so many insurance companies available, it can easily become a big hassle to find the best coverage rates.
Steps to buying affordable Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Dallas
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find cheaper Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Dallas is to do an annual price comparison from different companies in Texas. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
First, take a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like high-risk driving behaviors and an imperfect credit history can be amended by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover additional ideas to prevent expensive rate increases and find overlooked discounts.
Second, get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of companies. Compare rates
Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to try to use the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
It’s astonishing, but the vast majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates from other carriers. American drivers could pocket approximately 47% a year, but most tend to underestimate how much money they would save if they changed companies.
Consumers should take time to get comparison quotes yearly because prices go up and down regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Dallas a year ago other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the easiest way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Quoting and buying the most affordable policy in Dallas is quite easy. Nearly anyone who compares rate quotes for car insurance will more than likely be able to reduce their rates. Nevertheless, Texas vehicle owners should learn how big insurance companies calculate your car insurance rates because rates are impacted by many factors.
Buy Dallas Dodge Ram 2500 insurance online
Keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates increases your odds of finding more affordable insurance.
The companies in the list below provide comparison quotes in Dallas, TX. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
Why you need insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Dodge in Dallas, insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, most lenders will stipulate that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Dodge for a much higher rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also cover many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you have damage to your Dodge as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially if you ever need it. As of last year, the average driver in Texas is overpaying more than $800 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Dodge Ram 2500 detailed coverage information
The rate information displayed below highlights estimates of insurance costs for Dodge Ram 2500 models. Having a better idea how insurance prices are figured is important for drivers to make informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$206||$368||$430||$26||$128||$1,158||$97|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$206||$424||$430||$26||$128||$1,214||$101|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$206||$424||$430||$26||$128||$1,214||$101|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$206||$424||$430||$26||$128||$1,214||$101|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$206||$424||$430||$26||$128||$1,214||$101|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$206||$424||$430||$26||$128||$1,214||$101|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$228||$368||$430||$26||$128||$1,180||$98|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$228||$424||$430||$26||$128||$1,236||$103|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$228||$424||$430||$26||$128||$1,236||$103|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$228||$368||$430||$26||$128||$1,180||$98|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$228||$368||$430||$26||$128||$1,180||$98|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$228||$478||$430||$26||$128||$1,290||$108|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$228||$478||$430||$26||$128||$1,290||$108|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$228||$368||$430||$26||$128||$1,180||$98|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$228||$368||$430||$26||$128||$1,180||$98|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$228||$368||$430||$26||$128||$1,180||$98|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$252||$424||$430||$26||$128||$1,260||$105|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$252||$424||$430||$26||$128||$1,260||$105|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$252||$424||$430||$26||$128||$1,260||$105|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$252||$424||$430||$26||$128||$1,260||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Premium costs do not factor in specific zip code location which can change prices significantly.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can increase Dodge Ram 2500 car insurance rates for different age categories. The premiums assume a married female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The diagram below compares Dodge Ram 2500 insurance prices with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. Data assumes no violations or claims, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive formula to stop paying for physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Dodge Ram 2500 replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $400 a year to have full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there are discounts available that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically when you get a quote, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles can qualify you for discounted insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow companies to analyze their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle like Allstate’s Drivewise might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- ABS Brakes – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Ram 2500 insurance in Dallas.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles with the same insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Early Signing – A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching companies before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver’s education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
As a sidenote, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts should help reduce your policy premiums.
The information below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram 2500 premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The data assumes a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, marriage, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
Some of the larger companies who might offer most of the discounts above include:
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in Dallas. To locate insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
Always remember that when buying a policy, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and your car insurance should be unique as well.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- Should I rate my Dodge Ram 2500 as pleasure use or commute?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier