If you're trying to find lower-priced insurance online, do you get confused by the wide range of insurance companies available to you? You're not alone. You have so many choices that it can easily turn into a real hassle to find a more affordable company. Lots of people think Dallas has many things to offer, but the high cost of insurance can make it hard for many residents to afford proper coverage amounts.
It's an obvious statement that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Drivers who shop around for the cheapest rate will presumably switch insurance companies because the odds are good of finding a more affordable policy premium. A study discovered that people who make a habit of shopping around saved about $3,400 over four years compared to other drivers who don't make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the best price on insurance is your goal, then having some insight into the best way to shop and compare auto insurance can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
You should make it a habit to do rate comparisons once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance prices change frequently. Just because you found the lowest rates on Chrysler Sebring insurance in Dallas a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the fastest and easiest way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
If you have insurance now, you will surely be able to get lower rates using the ideas you're about to read. Shopping around for the lowest cost auto insurance policy in Dallas is simple if you know the tricks. But Texas drivers must know how big insurance companies determine how much to charge and take advantage of how the system works.
Find Lower-cost Car Insurance with These Tips
Lots of factors are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but other factors are less apparent such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
Listed below are just a few of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
Consolidate policies with the same company - Many companies provide a discount to customers who consolidate policies with them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you already get this discount, consumers should still shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates. Consumers may find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
Prices are affected by your address - Choosing to live in less populated areas of the country is a positive aspect when insuring your vehicles. Less people translates into fewer accident claims in addition to lower liability claims. Residents of big cities have to deal with more auto accidents and higher rates of accident claims. Spending more time driving translates into higher accident risk.
Do you really need roadside assistance? - There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that you can buy on your car insurance policy. Coverages like roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and extra life insurance coverage are some examples. The coverages may be enticing at first, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Lower stress equals lower rates - Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs such as fire fighters, air traffic controllers, and miners usually pay higher rates than average attributed to intense work requirements and lots of time spent at work. Other occupations like scientists, students and performers generally pay rates lower than average.
Chrysler Sebring detailed coverage information
The table below showcases a range of coverage costs for Chrysler Sebring models. Having knowledge of how insurance policy premiums are determined can be useful when making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sebring Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$178||$422||$462||$28||$138||$1,228||$102|
|Sebring Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$178||$422||$462||$28||$138||$1,228||$102|
|Sebring LX 2-Dr Convertible||$202||$422||$462||$28||$138||$1,252||$104|
|Sebring Touring 2-Dr Convertible||$202||$422||$462||$28||$138||$1,252||$104|
|Sebring Limited 2-Dr Convertible||$224||$486||$462||$28||$138||$1,338||$112|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Estimates do not factor in your specific Dallas location which can lower or raise coverage prices considerably.
The information below shows how different deductible levels and can affect Chrysler Sebring insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and fender-benders influence Chrysler Sebring insurance costs for different insured age categories. The rates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance cost for men versus women in Dallas
The illustration below compares Chrysler Sebring auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Cost of full coverage
The chart below shows the difference between Chrysler Sebring auto insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The premium estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no specific rule of when to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Chrysler Sebring claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after paying your deductible. If premiums are more than $200 a year for physical damage coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not buy liability only.
Affordable Dallas auto insurance rates with discounts
Some companies do not list their entire list of discounts very clearly, so the following list contains some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy Dallas auto insurance online.
- Pay Upfront and Save - By paying your entire bill at once rather than paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Senior Discount - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Dallas auto insurance quote.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking time to complete a driver safety course is a good idea and can lower rates and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- No Accidents - Claim-free drivers are rewarded with significantly better rates on Dallas auto insurance quote in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
- Telematics Devices - People who choose to allow companies to track where and when they drive remotely such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
- Discount for New Cars - Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Government Employee Discount - Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction with some auto insurance companies.
We need to note that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn't quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce the amount you have to pay.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Chrysler Sebring insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
Some of the larger companies that have most of these discounts include:
Check with every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some credits may not be offered in your state.
A little work can save a LOT of money
In this article, we presented some good ideas how to compare Chrysler Sebring insurance rates in Dallas. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest rates are with an unexpected company. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price.
How to find low-cost rates for Chrysler Sebring insurance in Dallas
It takes a little time, but the best way to get cheaper Chrysler Sebring insurance in Dallas is to start doing a yearly price comparison from different companies who provide auto insurance in Texas.
- Read about how car insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and an imperfect credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper Sebring coverage is available in Dallas. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit a signed application and payment to your new insurance company. Don't forget to store the certificate verifying proof of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
A crucial key to this process is that you'll want to compare the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from every insurance company. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Dallas Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Focus in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)