Sadly, the vast majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. Dallas insurance shoppers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but most undervalue how much they could save if they switched.
Truthfully, the best way to find lower priced Buick Regal insurance in Dallas is to compare quotes annually from providers who sell auto insurance in Texas. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Try to understand how car insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many things that result in higher prices such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a negative credit history can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application for the new policy. Once the application is submitted, keep the new certificate of insurance with the vehicle registration.
A good piece of advice is to try to use identical coverage information on each price quote and to quote with as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Dallas is quite easy. If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, use these tips to save money and possibly find even better coverage. Smart buyers only have to learn the quickest way to find the lowest price from multiple carriers.
Low Cost companies for Buick Regal insurance
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Cheap Dallas auto insurance rates with discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but there may be some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but a few must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Dallas and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers get the best auto insurance rates as opposed to bad drivers.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Online Discount – A few companies will provide an incentive for buying a policy and signing up on your computer.
- Student Driver Training – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Select insurance companies give a discount for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current Regal insurance policy. You could save around 10% when you buy Dallas auto insurance online.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the medical payments premium.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
Companies that have these benefits possibly include:
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts may not be available in your area. To choose providers offering auto insurance discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Compare rate quotes but buy from a local Dallas insurance agency
Many people prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is not a bad decision Agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. A good thing about comparing rates online is you can get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, you can always find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right company shouldn’t rely on just the bottom line cost. Get answers to these questions too.
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- How long has their agency been in business in Dallas?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Dallas?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
Below is a short list of car insurance companies in Dallas who can help you get comparison quotes for Buick Regal insurance in Dallas.
Stewart Insurance Agency
437 W 12th St – Dallas, TX 75208 – (214) 948-7600 – View Map
After getting good answers to all your questions as well as a price you’re happy with, it’s possible that you found an provider that can be trusted to service your policy. Just remember you have the power to cancel your coverage whenever you want so don’t feel that you are obligated to a specific agent with no way out.
Auto insurance coverage information
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine the right coverages for your vehicles. Insurance terms can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are the normal coverages found on most insurance policies.
Comprehensive coverages – This will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hail damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane and a broken windshield. The maximum payout your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for medical payments – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for bills for things like X-ray expenses, EMT expenses, funeral costs and doctor visits. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Regal resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as crashing into a building, sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with another moving vehicle and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Regal to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Buick Regal.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 30/60/25), their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Liability coverages – This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property in an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see values of 30/60/25 that means you have a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, $60,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as medical expenses, medical services and court costs. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The next chart demonstrates why buying minimum limits may not be adequate coverage.
Affordable auto insurance rates are possible
Some auto insurance companies do not offer online rate quotes and many times these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies. Budget-conscious Buick Regal insurance can be found online in addition to many Dallas insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis.
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to lower your Buick Regal insurance rates in Dallas. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get car insurance rates for, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Dallas auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
While you’re price shopping online, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
To learn more, take a look at the resources below:
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Dallas Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for 17 Year Olds in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Dallas Car Insurance for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)