It takes a little time, but the best way to find low-cost auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies in Dallas.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can control to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and poor credit history can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for instructions to help keep prices low and earn a bigger discount.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers. View a list of agents
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to compare identical coverage information on each price quote and and to look at every company you can. This guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Unthinkable but true, most insurance buyers have bought insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and just under half have never shopped around. Drivers in Texas can save almost 70% each year just by shopping around, but most undervalue the rate savings if they switched.
Pricing affordable protection in Dallas is simple if you know the tricks. Nearly anyone who has to buy auto insurance will more than likely be able to find lower rates. But Texas consumers benefit from understanding how companies determine how much to charge because it can help you find the best coverage.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to get quotes from local Dallas insurance companies. One of the best ways to find the cheapest Toyota Prius V insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison.
Getting price quotes online is very simple and it takes the place of having to physically go to and from local Dallas insurance agencies. Quoting Toyota Prius V insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you have a need for the guidance only provided by licensed Dallas agents. Some companies do allow you to get prices online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
When price shopping your coverage, quoting more gives you a better chance of getting a lower rate. Some regional insurers cannot provide online price quotes, so you should also compare price estimates on coverage from those companies, too.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Dallas, TX. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
Car insurance discounts are available to cut your rates
Car insurance companies do not advertise every available discount very clearly, so the below list has both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts you could be receiving when you buy Dallas auto insurance online.
- Sign Online – A few larger companies will give you a small discount for completing your application over the internet.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for all your vehicles on a single policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- College Student – Children living away from Dallas attending college and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving less may allow you to get substantially lower car insurance rates.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive reduced rates.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Dallas drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates as compared to policyholders that have many claims.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
If you would like to view car insurance companies with discount rates in Dallas, follow this link.
How Your Prius V Insurance Costs are Determined
Many things are part of the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but other factors are more obscure like where you live or your vehicle rating.
The list below includes a few of the things used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
Lower rates with a multi-policy discount – The majority of insurers give better rates to policyholders who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to as much as ten percent or more Even with this discount applied, you still need to check prices from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Rates for men may be higher – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both genders cause accidents at a similar rate, but males cause more damage. They also get higher numbers of serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore pay the highest rates.
Never let your car insurance policy expire – Not maintaining insurance is against the law and companies may charge more for letting your insurance lapse. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance could result in a steep fine or even jail time. You will then be forced to file a SR-22 with the Texas department of motor vehicles.
Performance impacts insurance prices – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you need insurance for makes a huge difference in determining your rates. The lowest performance passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Don’t abuse car insurance claims – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies in Texas give better rates to insureds who are claim-free. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Insurance loss probability for a Toyota Prius V – Car insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when they file their rates in each state. Models that historically have higher loss trends will cost more to insure.
The next table illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Toyota Prius V vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is equal to 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 point to more claims or tendency to have larger claims.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Toyota Prius V Hybrid||94||86||88||88||94||97|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Neighborhood agents and insurance
Some people would prefer to buy from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in Dallas.
After completing this short form, your coverage information is emailed to agents in your area that provide free Dallas auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
If you want a reputable agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents that you can choose from. Agents are considered either exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you. When comparing rates, you definitely need to compare quotes from a few independent agents for maximum quote selection.
The following is a list of independent insurance agencies in Dallas who may be able to give you price quote information.
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company such as Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They usually cannot compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Dallas who can help you get price quote information.
Choosing an auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the quoted price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Dallas?
Do I need special coverages?
When quoting and comparing the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance should reflect that
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
How much can you save?
We just showed you a lot of tips how to find cheap Toyota Prius V insurance in Dallas. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Dallas auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
Low-cost Toyota Prius V insurance in Dallas can be bought both online and from local agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online quoting and these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers Under 21 in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Dallas Car Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda CR-V in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for a 20 Year Old Male in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Dallas Auto Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)