If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get budget Toyota Prius insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers in Dallas. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Get a basic knowledge of how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many things that result in higher rates like at-fault accidents and a low credit rating can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives more information to get affordable coverage and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. View a list of agents
- Compare the quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Dallas. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One bit of advice is that you’ll want to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to look at as many companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
A recent car insurance study discovered that the vast majority of drivers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates from other carriers. The average driver in Texas can save hundreds of dollars each year, but they don’t invest the time required to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes.
Toyota Prius insurance analysis
The coverage table shown below outlines estimates of insurance coverage prices for Toyota Prius models. Knowing how insurance quotes are determined is important to be able to make smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can change premiums noticeably.
The diagram below shows how different deductible levels and can change Toyota Prius insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
How accidents and tickets impact rates in Dallas
The chart below illustrates how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders drive up Toyota Prius annual premium costs for each age group. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Save money with these eight rate reducing discounts
Some companies don’t always advertise every policy discount very well, so here is a list a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Dallas auto insurance online.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and that can save you a little bit as well.
- E-sign Discounts – Some auto insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy online.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Memberships – Belonging to certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on your next auto insurance statement.
- Life Insurance – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low annual miles could qualify for discounted auto insurance rates on garaged vehicles.
- Own a Home and Save – Simply owning a home can get you a discount because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The good student discount can last until age 25.
As is typical with insurance, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Prius annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer include:
- Progressive offers discounts for continuous coverage, good student, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- The Hartford includes discounts for air bag, vehicle fuel type, driver training, defensive driver, good student, and bundle.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include good student, multi-car, anti-theft, accident-free, and location of vehicle.
- GEICO may include discounts for emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, and good student.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, multi-policy, and pay-in-full.
- State Farm offers discounts including safe vehicle, anti-theft, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, and good student.
If you want affordable Dallas auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts might not be offered in Dallas.
Specifics of your insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy helps when choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find typical coverage types found on most insurance policies.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as hitting a deer, hail damage, falling objects and a broken windshield. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
This can cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show values of 30/60/25 which stand for a $30,000 limit per person for injuries, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things like pain and suffering, medical services, medical expenses, emergency aid and court costs. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The illustration below demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not be adequate.
Insurance for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills like hospital visits, prosthetic devices and funeral costs. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover you and your occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage protection
This will pay to fix damage to your Prius caused by collision with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for things such as damaging your car on a curb, colliding with another moving vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole and sideswiping another vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Prius to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Texas drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 30/60/25), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Usually these limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Cheaper auto insurance premiums are out there
Lower-priced Toyota Prius insurance in Dallas can be purchased online as well as from insurance agents, so get free Dallas auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not offer rate quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers only sell through independent agents.
We just showed you a lot of techniques to lower your Toyota Prius insurance car insurance rates in Dallas. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Toyota Prius rate quotes. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates come from the least-expected company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a School Permit in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Dallas Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)