Unfortunately, a large majority of auto insurance policyholders in Texas have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Many drivers in the United States could pocket up to $860 a year by just comparing quotes, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare rate quotes.
The best way to get low-cost Mazda MPV insurance in Dallas is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies who can sell car insurance in Texas.
- Try to comprehend car insurance and the measures you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that result in higher rates like traffic violations and an unacceptable credit score can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new agent or company. Be sure to put the new certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare identical limits and deductibles on every quote and and to look at every insurance company. This provides a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you’re already insured or are looking for a new policy, you will benefit by learning to get lower rates while maintaining coverages. Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Dallas can be made easier if you know where to look. Consumers only need an understanding of the most time-saving way to get comparison quotes from many different companies online.
How to compare Dallas Mazda MPV insurance price quotes
Finding a better price on auto insurance is surprisingly easy. The only requirement is to take a couple of minutes comparing rate quotes to discover which company has affordable Dallas auto insurance quotes.
It’s so fast and easy to compare rate quotes online that it makes it a waste of time to make phone calls or go to local Dallas insurance agencies. Quoting and buying Mazda MPV insurance online has made agencies unnecessary unless you want the trained advice of a local Dallas agent. You can, however, price shop online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The following companies are ready to provide price comparisons in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to find the most affordable auto insurance rates.
Why you need auto insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of Mazda MPV insurance, insurance is required in Texas but it also protects you in many ways.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Mazda has a loan, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Mazda at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your assets. It also can pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote rates at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Dallas auto insurance discounts
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you may qualify for discounts that many people don’t even know exist. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before you get the savings. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers are able to get lower premium rates.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds who allow their company to analyze their driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less when compared with policyholders that have many claims.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Professional Organizations – Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your next auto insurance statement.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles could earn substantially lower auto insurance rates.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates you could get a free auto insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are detailed below.
- Farm Bureau has savings for renewal discount, 55 and retired, youthful driver, safe driver, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for good student, newly retired, new move discount, safety features, and newly married.
- State Farm discounts include accident-free, driver’s education, anti-theft, multiple policy, defensive driving training, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for paid in full, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, air bags, mature driver, and group or association.
- GEICO includes discounts for membership and employees, anti-theft, driver training, federal employee, seat belt use, multi-policy, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO offers discounts including safe driver, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, anti-theft, and bundle discounts.
Before you buy a policy, ask each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some credits might not be offered on policies in every state. To see auto insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Dallas, click here to view.
Insurance agents can find coverage gaps
Many drivers still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent. Agents can point out coverage gaps and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is still important in Dallas.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to local insurance agents in Dallas that give free quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to contact an agency as quotes are delivered to your email. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive auto insurance agents
When finding a reliable agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they function. Auto insurance agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can handle auto insurance, but it’s worth learning the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact which type of agent you select.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If you want to switch companies, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s a good idea to include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Dallas that may be able to give you free rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Comparable Insurance Agency Inc
9750 Walnut St Ste 106 – Dallas, TX 75243 – (214) 575-2750 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Dallas that can give you price quote information.
Mike Baker – State Farm Insurance Agent
3400 Carlisle St Ste 470 – Dallas, TX 75204 – (214) 780-0900 – View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the quoted price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Dallas?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
Don’t give up on cheaper rates
Lower-priced car insurance in Dallas is attainable online as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop Dallas auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not have rate quotes online and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
When getting Dallas auto insurance quotes online, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Dallas Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Dallas Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)