The most effective way to find cheaper quotes for Kia Soul EV insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies in Dallas.
First, take a few minutes and learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for more information to get cheaper rates and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
Second, quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple companies.
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing coverage and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, notify your company or agent of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a completed application and payment to your new company or agent. Once the application is submitted, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your glove compartment.
A good piece of advice is that you use the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
It’s an obvious assumption that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Insureds who shop around at least once a year are very likely to move their business because there is a great chance of finding a policy with better rates. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who routinely compared quotes saved over $70 a month as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the best price on Kia Soul EV insurance in Dallas is your intention, then having some insight into how to get rate quotes and compare insurance coverage can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
Get discounts on Dallas insurance
Car insurance companies don’t always list every possible discount very clearly, so here is a list a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of larger companies may give you up to $50 shop Dallas car insurance digitally online.
- Data Collection Discounts – Policyholders that allow their company to study where and when they drive by using a telematic data system like Allstate’s Drivewise could possibly reduce rates if they show good driving skills.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks because it requires personal responsibility.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Full Payment Discount – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on Soul EV insurance in Dallas.
- Resident Student – College-age children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home may qualify for this discount.
- Save over 55 – Mature drivers can get lower premium rates.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers discounts for safe vehicle, passive restraint, good student, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, multiple autos, and defensive driving training.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, distant student, bundle discounts, multi-car, pay in full, switch companies, and early shopping.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- GEICO discounts include anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, air bags, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, paperless, air bags, paid in full, student away at school, and teen driver.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include driver training, bundle, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, and air bag.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, renewal discount, good student, safe driver, youthful driver, and 55 and retired.
- USAA includes discounts for defensive driver, loyalty savings, multi-vehicle, new vehicle, military installation, and family discount.
Check with each company which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Dallas. If you would like to view companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Texas, follow this link.
The best way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to know car insurance companies participate in a system to provide you with free rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide information such as if a SR-22 is needed, if the vehicle is leased, types of safety features, and deductibles desired. Your rating data is submitted instantly to many highly-rated insurers and you will get price comparisons very quickly.
To start a rate quote now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Dallas.
The companies shown below offer quotes in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you compare several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When quoting and choosing a policy for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Can good grades get a discount?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Should I rate my Kia Soul EV as pleasure use or commute?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
What if I want to buy from local Dallas car insurance agents?
Some people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. A good thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from local agencies is especially important in Dallas.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to insurance agents in Dallas who want to provide quotes to get your business. You don’t have to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you. If you wish to quote rates from one company in particular, you would need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to buy auto insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Agencies in Dallas are either independent or exclusive. Either one can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but we need to point out the difference in how they write coverage since it may influence the kind of agent you use.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you compare prices from independent agents to get the best comparison.
The following are independent agents in Dallas who can help you get cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Dallas that are able to give rate quotes.
Picking a insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Can you contact them at any time?
- How are they compensated?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Dallas?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
Why insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Kia Soul EV insurance, maintaining insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Kia at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves not only your Kia but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $830 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every policy renewal to save money.
Coverages available on your policy
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
This coverage covers damage to your Soul EV from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things like backing into a parked car, hitting a mailbox, rolling your car and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible on your Soul EV to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as fire damage, rock chips in glass, vandalism, hitting a bird and falling objects. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Kia Soul EV.
Due to the fact that many Texas drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (which is 30/60/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Most of the time these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property that is your fault. It protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show policy limits of 30/60/25 that translate to $30,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $60,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers claims such as attorney fees, bail bonds and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Texas state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why the minimum limit may not provide you with enough coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for expenses such as rehabilitation expenses, surgery and funeral costs. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Get the best coverage at the lowest price
We just presented many tips how you can lower your Kia Soul EV insurance prices in Dallas. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Dallas car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest prices come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many cases, an insured cut collision coverage only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Budget-friendly insurance in Dallas is attainable online and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop Dallas car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not provide rate quotes online and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
Even more information is available in the articles below:
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Low Mileage Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)