Being forced to pay for high-priced car insurance premiums can diminish your monthly budget and put the squeeze on your family’s finances.
We don’t have to tell you that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Consumers who shop around are inclined to buy a new policy because there are good odds of finding discount prices. A recent survey found that consumers who shopped around saved on average $850 each year compared to people who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the cheapest price on Jeep Cherokee insurance in Dallas is your goal, then knowing how to get price quotes and compare insurance premiums can save money and time. Many car insurance companies vie to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates to discover the definitive cheapest price on Jeep Cherokee insurance in Dallas.
You need to shop coverage around every six months due to the fact that insurance prices are constantly changing. If you had the best deal on Jeep Cherokee insurance in Dallas two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because I’m going to teach you the best way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Insurance Premium Influencing Factors
Many different elements are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but others are less obvious like your vehicle usage or how financially stable you are. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that help calculate your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that may result in cheaper rates.
The following are just a few of the factors that factor into premiums.
- Rates and job – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers such as lawyers, executives, and accountants have higher premiums than the average policyholder because of high stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, professions such as professors, historians and performers generally pay rates lower than average.
- Better insurance rates for no policy lapses – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a fast way to increase your rates. Not only will you pay higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may then have to file a SR-22 with the Texas motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- High premiums for youthful drivers – More experienced drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are safer drivers. Youthful drivers are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
- Cautious drivers pay lower costs – Attentive drivers get better rates than bad drivers. Even one speeding ticket could increase your next policy renewal to the point where it’s not affordable. Drivers who have received careless violations like DUI or willful reckless driving may find they need to maintain a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
- Remove unneeded extra coverages – There are quite a few additional coverages that can add up on your Cherokee policy. Things like rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and term life insurance are some examples. These may sound like a good investment at first, but if you’ve never needed them in the past eliminate them to save money.
- No insurance claims equals lower premiums – Companies in Texas award the best rates to people who file claims infrequently. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Vehicles with better crash test results lower rates – Cars with five star safety ratings cost less to insure. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and reduced instances of injuries means less claims paid which can result in lower premiums.
Jeep Cherokee claim data – Insurers analyze past claim statistics when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher frequency or amount of claims will have a higher premium rate. The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Jeep Cherokee vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate a higher chance of having a claim or tendency to have higher losses.
Jeep Cherokee Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Cherokee 4dr 2WD 76 105 77 87 90 109 Jeep Cherokee 4dr 4WD 78 115 82 75 79 103BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Budget-friendly car insurance in Dallas can be sourced both online and also from your neighborhood Dallas agents, so you need to quote Dallas auto insurance with both to have the best selection. A few companies do not offer online quoting and these regional insurance providers work with independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Steps to finding cheaper quotes for Jeep Cherokee insurance in Dallas
The most effective way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Dallas is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers who sell insurance in Texas.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend how companies set rates and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and a low credit score can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes for many different companies. Get quotes now
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper Cherokee coverage is available in Dallas. If you can save money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for your new coverage. Don’t forget to put the proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
A key point to remember is to use similar limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Dallas Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Dallas Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)