It’s easy to assume that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Drivers who get price quotes annually are likely to switch to a new company because they stand a good chance of finding more affordable rates. A recent insurance study revealed that consumers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved on average $70 a month compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the cheapest price for Hyundai Accent insurance is the reason for your visit, then having some insight into how to quote prices and compare coverages can make it easier to find better rates.
To save the most money, the best way to save money on Hyundai Accent insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from different companies in Dallas.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance works and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many factors that increase rates like traffic violations and a poor credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, get rate quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Accent insurance in Dallas. If you can save some money, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit a completed application and payment to your new company or agent. When you receive it, safely store the proof of insurance certificate somewhere easily accessible.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and to quote with all possible companies. This ensures a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
If you have auto insurance now, you will be able to find the best rates using this strategy. Quoting and comparing rates for cheaper coverage in Dallas is quite easy. Although Texas consumers must comprehend the way companies compete online because rates fluctuate considerably.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Hyundai Accent insurance in Dallas
Companies don’t always list every discount they offer in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and the harder-to-find credits available to you.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies permit an accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Membership in Organizations – Affiliation with qualifying clubs or civic groups could trigger savings when shopping for auto insurance.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying a policy with multiple cars or trucks with the same company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
- Sign Early and Save – Some larger companies provide a discount for switching companies prior to your current Accent insurance policy expiration. You could save around 10% when you buy Dallas car insurance online.
- E-sign – Some of the larger companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application on your computer.
- Distant College Student Discount – Any of your kids living away from Dallas attending college and do not have a car could get you a discount.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off the medical payments premium.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get slightly better premium rates than normal.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Hyundai Accent insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no claims or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, multi-car, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for good student, bundle discounts, youthful driver, homeowner, distant student, switch companies, and multi-car.
- Esurance may include discounts for online quote, good student, DriveSense, claim free, Pac-12 alumni, paid-in-full, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers discounts for driver’s education, safe vehicle, student away at school, good student, and anti-theft.
- GEICO discounts include defensive driver, multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, good student, and five-year accident-free.
- Allstate offers discounts including teenSMART discount, anti-theft, new car, auto/life discount, resident student, and defensive driver.
If you want cheaper Dallas car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in every state. To find providers who offer cheap Hyundai Accent insurance quotes in Dallas, click this link.
Keep in mind that making a lot of price comparisons provides better odds of finding better pricing.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Auto insurance data for a Hyundai Accent
The price information displayed below showcases different insurance coverage prices for Hyundai Accent models. Being aware of how rate quotes are calculated is important for making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accent Blue 2-Dr Hatchback||$270||$598||$438||$26||$130||$1,462||$122|
|Accent GS 2-Dr Hatchback||$318||$728||$438||$26||$130||$1,640||$137|
|Accent GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$318||$858||$582||$34||$174||$1,966||$164|
|Accent SE 2-Dr Hatchback||$364||$988||$438||$26||$130||$1,946||$162|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can change coverage rates substantially.
Hyundai Accent insurance premiums by gender and age
The chart below illustrates the difference between Hyundai Accent auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Hyundai Accent full coverage rates compared to liability only
The example below illustrates the comparison of Hyundai Accent premium costs with and without full coverage. The data assumes no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no definitive guideline of when to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s pretend your Hyundai Accent replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $3,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $300 a year for full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage in place.
Buying from insurance agents
A lot of people just want to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find cheap auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is immediately sent to participating agents in Dallas who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If for some reason you want to get a price quote for a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking a company requires you to look at more than just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
When searching for a local insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they work. Dallas agents are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents partially due to loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Dallas who can help you get price quotes.
- Scott Beseda – State Farm Insurance Agent
4411 Lemmon Ave #203 – Dallas, TX 75219 – (214) 219-6610 – View Map
- Jon Essary – State Farm Insurance Agent
1214 W Davis St – Dallas, TX 75208 – (214) 948-6000 – View Map
- Brent Holtz – State Farm Insurance Agent
3427 E Trinity Mills Rd #601 – Dallas, TX 75287 – (972) 306-1234 – View Map
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
If you need lower rates, you absolutely need to get several quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. A lot of them also have access to small mutual carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
Listed below are independent agencies in Dallas that can give you price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Comparable Insurance Agency Inc
9750 Walnut St Ste 106 – Dallas, TX 75243 – (214) 575-2750 – View Map
- Bankhead Insurance Agency LLC
10935 Estate Ln #380 – Dallas, TX 75238 – (214) 343-1333 – View Map
- Sheaner Insurance, LLP
2501 Abrams Rd – Dallas, TX 75214 – (214) 823-3003 – View Map
Here’s why car insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Hyundai Accent with a loan, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Hyundai at a much higher premium rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having car insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $830 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Coverages available on your auto insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance can be of help when determining appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as theft, damage from a tornado or hurricane, falling objects, vandalism and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits (Texas limits are 30/60/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Liability auto insurance
This coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 30/60/25 that means you have $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $60,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $25,000.
Liability insurance covers claims such as attorney fees, bail bonds, repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but you should buy higher limits if possible. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why the minimum limit may not be enough coverage.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things such as hitting a parking meter, crashing into a building, crashing into a ditch and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also choose a higher deductible on your Accent in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses for things like hospital visits, ambulance fees, chiropractic care and surgery. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Cheaper auto insurance premiums are out there
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, someone sacrificed full coverage only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to lower your Hyundai Accent insurance rates in Dallas. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates come from an unexpected company.
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, not issuing a premium refund, delays in responding to claim requests or poor customer service. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
To read more, take a look at the following helpful articles:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Dallas Car Insurance Quotes for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Dallas Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with Bad Credit? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Dallas Car Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Dallas Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)