It’s hard to fathom, but most Texas auto insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Drivers in the U.S. could cut their rates by almost $860 a year, but they don’t know the rate savings if they changed companies.
Really, the only way to get discount Honda Element insurance in Dallas is to regularly compare price quotes from companies who provide auto insurance in Texas.
- Try to comprehend the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher prices like accidents, traffic tickets, and a lousy credit rating can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a signed application and payment to your new insurance company. Once the paperwork is finalized, place the new certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One thing to remember is to compare identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Dallas is not rocket science. If you have a current car insurance policy or are shopping for new coverage, you can follow these tips to find the best rates while maintaining coverages. Smart shoppers just have to know the best way to shop on the web.
The companies in the list below offer comparison quotes in Dallas, TX. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Honda Element in Dallas, auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Element, almost every bank will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Honda at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Auto insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your assets. It will also cover medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. On average, a vehicle owner in Dallas is wasting up to $810 a year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Statistics and details
The information shown next showcases detailed analysis of coverage costs for Honda Element models. Being aware of how insurance prices are established can assist in making decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Element LX 2WD||$240||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,158||$97|
|Element LX 4WD||$240||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,158||$97|
|Element EX 2WD||$240||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,158||$97|
|Element EX 4WD||$240||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,158||$97|
|Element SC 2WD||$240||$400||$382||$22||$114||$1,158||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Estimates do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can lower or raise coverage rates considerably.
Gender-based car insurance rates
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Honda Element insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, full coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The example below compares Honda Element insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The rate quotes are based on no claims or driving violations, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There isn’t a written rule of when to eliminate full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Honda Element claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $2,000 after the deductible is paid. If premiums are more than $200 annually for your policy with full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some situations where dropping full coverage is not a good idea. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Dallas insurance discounts
Some companies do not list every discount very clearly, so we took the time to find some of the more common as well as some of the hidden ways to save on insurance.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a home in Dallas can save a few bucks because it is proof of financial responsibility.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Smart Student Discounts – Being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military can result in better premium rates.
- College Student – Any of your kids who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a class that teaches driver safety techniques could possibly earn you a 5% discount and also improve your driving technique.
Don’t be surprised that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
The illustration below compares Honda Element premium costs with and without policy discounts. The prices are based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, and claim-free discounts applied.
If you would like to view insurance companies with significant discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Buying from car insurance agents
Certain consumers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance online is that you can obtain cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
After filling out this short form, the quote information gets sent to participating agents in Dallas who want to provide quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting a insurance company should depend on more than just a low price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Dallas?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
Types of car insurance agents in Dallas
If you are wanting to find a reliable agent, there are two types of insurance agents and how they function. Insurance agents in Dallas can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s worth learning the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents generally can only insure with one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. These agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below are exclusive agents in Dallas that are able to give comparison quotes.
Jim Franco – State Farm Insurance Agent
3720 Walnut Hill Ln #203 – Dallas, TX 75229 – (214) 358-3246 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agents can sell policies from many different companies and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When shopping rates, you will want to compare quotes from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Dallas who can help you get price quote information.
Stewart Insurance Agency
437 W 12th St – Dallas, TX 75208 – (214) 948-7600 – View Map
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When quoting and comparing coverage for your vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Is my Honda Element covered for smoke damage?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
If you’re not sure about those questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
More effort can pay off
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice collision coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We covered a lot of ways to compare Honda Element insurance rates in Dallas. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Dallas auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
Additional detailed information is located in these articles:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Dallas Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Government Employees in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Dallas Auto Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)