We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who rate shop once a year will probably switch car insurance companies because they have good chances of finding a lower rate. A recent car insurance study discovered that people who regularly shopped around saved approximately $865 annually compared to those who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the lowest price for car insurance in Dallas is your target objective, then having some knowledge of how to get price quotes and compare car insurance can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
The most effective way to find discount GMC Sierra insurance is to regularly compare quotes from providers in Dallas. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many factors that cause high rates such as multiple speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit score can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides information to prevent high prices and get additional discounts that may be available.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new insurance company. Immediately upon receiving it, place your new proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
One thing to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Affordable GMC insurance prices in Dallas
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
GMC Sierra coverage analysis
The rate information shown below outlines different insurance rates for GMC Sierra models. Learning as much as possible about how insurance quotes are figured helps drivers make smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sierra SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$176||$306||$388||$24||$116||$1,010||$84|
|Sierra SL Extended Cab 2WD||$176||$306||$388||$24||$116||$1,010||$84|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$176||$306||$388||$24||$116||$1,010||$84|
|Sierra SL Crew Cab 2WD||$200||$360||$388||$24||$116||$1,088||$91|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$200||$360||$388||$24||$116||$1,088||$91|
|Sierra SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$200||$360||$388||$24||$116||$1,088||$91|
|Sierra SLE Extended Cab 4WD||$200||$360||$388||$24||$116||$1,088||$91|
|Sierra SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$200||$360||$388||$24||$116||$1,088||$91|
|Sierra SLT Extended Cab 2WD||$200||$360||$388||$24||$116||$1,088||$91|
|Sierra SL Crew Cab 4WD||$200||$360||$388||$24||$116||$1,088||$91|
|Sierra SLT Extended Cab 4WD||$200||$360||$388||$24||$116||$1,088||$91|
|Sierra SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$200||$360||$388||$24||$116||$1,088||$91|
|Sierra SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$222||$414||$388||$24||$116||$1,164||$97|
|Sierra Denali Crew Cab 2WD||$222||$414||$388||$24||$116||$1,164||$97|
|Sierra Denali Crew Cab 4WD||$222||$414||$388||$24||$116||$1,164||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in specific zip code location which can lower or raise premiums greatly.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The chart below compares GMC Sierra premium costs with full coverage compared to only the Texas minimum liability coverage. The data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula for phasing out comp and collision coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your GMC Sierra claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $200 a year for physical damage coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage.
How Your Sierra Insurance Costs are Determined
Lots of factors are considered when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but other criteria are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress occupation? – Careers like doctors, airline pilots, and dentists tend to pay higher premium rates in part from intense work situations and incredibly demanding work hours. Other careers like professors, athletes and performers have the lowest average rates.
- Reserve policy claims for larger damages – Insurance companies in Texas give lower rates to drivers who are claim-free. If you’re an insured who likes to file claims you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Physical damage deductibles – Your deductibles define how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your car from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be rear-ending another vehicle, fire damage, and damage caused by road hazards. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for car insurance.
Gender and car insurance rates – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that men are WORSE drivers than women. Women and men have auto accidents in similar numbers, but males have accidents that have higher claims. Men also statistically get higher numbers of serious violations such as reckless driving.
The chart below compares GMC Sierra insurance prices for male and female drivers. Data assumes no violations or accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
- The higher your credit history the lower your prices – Having a good credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit rating can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your GMC Sierra by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds that have very high credit ratings tend to be better risks to insure as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings.
Insurance loss data for a GMC Sierra – Insurers use past loss statistics for each vehicle as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that tend to have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The data below shows the collected loss data for GMC Sierra vehicles. For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is set at 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest losses that are better than average, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
GMC Sierra Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury GMC Sierra 1500 2WD 89 122 106 GMC Sierra 1500 4WD 97 86 79 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 2WD 87 99 132 69 69 89 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab 4WD 89 102 114 52 51 73 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 2WD 98 109 96 70 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4WD 78 85 89 65 56 94 GMC Sierra 2500 4WD 70 56 GMC Sierra 2500 Crew Cab 2WD 63 101 GMC Sierra 2500 Crew Cab 4WD 91 118 105 43 50 90 GMC Sierra 2500 Ext Cab 4WD 67 108 85 40 GMC Sierra 3500 Crew Cab 4WD 85 128 121 35BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may qualify for discounts for GMC Sierra insurance in Dallas
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there could be available discounts to help offset the cost. Certain reductions will be credited when you complete an application, but less common discounts must be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Life Insurance – Some insurance companies give lower prices if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Online Discount – A handful of companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on their website.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Save with a New Car – Buying a new car model can cost up to 25% less since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed in the military can result in better premium rates.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Low Miles Discount – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with cheaper auto insurance rates.
Don’t be shocked that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will definitely lower your overall premium however.
The diagram below shows the comparison of GMC Sierra premium costs with and without policy discounts. The data is based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To see a list of insurers who offer discounts in Dallas, click this link.
Car insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
Many drivers still prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move Professional insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and give you someone to call. The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get lower auto insurance rates and still choose a local agent.
By using this simple form, your information is emailed to participating agents in Dallas who will give you quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to leave your house since price quotes are sent to you. In the event you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an insurer requires you to look at more than just the price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- How long has the business existed?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
If you get good feedback to all your questions and inexpensive GMC Sierra insurance in Dallas quotes, chances are good that you have found an insurer that can be trusted to properly service your car insurance policy.
Frequent quotes can save
People switch companies for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, poor customer service, delays in responding to claim requests and not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
You just learned a lot of information how to save on GMC Sierra insurance in Dallas. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the best premium rates are with an unexpected company.
When searching for affordable Dallas car insurance quotes, never reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford.
To read more, link through to these articles:
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Choosing an Insurance Company (Insurance Information Institute)