If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find low-cost prices for Chevy Sonic insurance in Dallas is to regularly compare quotes from insurers who provide auto insurance in Texas.
First, read about car insurance and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many factors that result in higher rates like speeding tickets, accidents and an unacceptable credit score can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to see if cheaper Sonic coverage is available. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the newly selected company. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
One tip to remember is to try to compare similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to get prices from every insurance company. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete price analysis.
It goes without saying that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Drivers who shop around for the cheapest price are inclined to switch companies because there is a high probability of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey found that consumers who regularly compared price quotes saved as much as $70 a month compared to policyholders who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the most affordable Chevy Sonic insurance in Dallas is your goal, then having an understanding of the best way to compare insurance can make it easier to find better rates.
Companies offering affordable Chevy Sonic rates in Dallas, TX
The following companies have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Dallas, TX. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Earn discounts to get lower-cost Dallas car insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list all possible discounts very clearly, so we break down some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts you could be receiving when you buy Dallas car insurance online.
- Multi-line Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Low Mileage – Low annual miles could earn slightly better prices than normal.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Successfully completing a driver safety course could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Professional Memberships – Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could earn you a nice discount when getting a Dallas car insurance quote.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Accident-free drivers may save up to 50% more than their less cautious counterparts.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO will turn a blind eye to one accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Even though the math looks like all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
Larger car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are shown below.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for continuous insurance, driver training, early quote, home ownership, and IntelliDrive.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, theft prevention, teen driver, early bird, driver training, and defensive driver.
- State Farm has discounts for accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, defensive driving training, anti-theft, good driver, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO offers discounts including air bags, military active duty, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, and anti-theft.
- SAFECO includes discounts for teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, safe driver, anti-theft, multi-car, and drive less.
- AAA offers discounts for pay-in-full, education and occupation, good student, multi-car, and multi-policy.
It’s a good idea to ask each company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state. To find companies that offer many of these discounts in Texas, click here.
Buying car insurance from Dallas insurance agents
A small number of people would prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is a personal choice. The best thing about price shopping on the web is that you can obtain better rates and also buy local. Supporting local insurance agents is important especially in Dallas.
After completing this short form, your insurance data is emailed to local insurance agents in Dallas who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered directly to you. It’s the lowest rates and work with a local agent. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Shown below is a list of insurance companies in Dallas that can give you price quote information for Chevy Sonic insurance in Dallas.
- Associations Insurance Agency, Inc.
5401 N Central Expy Suite 200 – Dallas, TX 75205 – (866) 384-8579 – View Map
- Steven Graves Insurance
11300 N Central Expy #430 – Dallas, TX 75243 – (214) 599-0808 – View Map
- Earl Gordon – State Farm Insurance Agent
7605 McCallum Blvd – Dallas, TX 75252 – (972) 407-9995 – View Map
- Kelvin Nunley – State Farm Insurance Agent
1441 N Cockrell Hill Rd #100 – Dallas, TX 75211 – (214) 333-0404 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Texas?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Does the agent help file claims?
Upon receiving reasonable responses to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, you have narrowed it down to an provider that is professional and can adequately provide car insurance.
Shop around and save
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, questionable increases in premium, poor customer service and lack of trust in their agent. Whatever your reason, switching companies can be easier than you think.
Cheaper car insurance in Dallas is possible from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Dallas agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not offer price quotes online and many times these regional insurance providers sell through independent agencies.
As you shop your coverage around, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where someone dropped full coverage to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional information is available on the following sites:
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 4×4 Vehicles in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Government Employees in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)