Getting cheap Dallas Chevy Volt insurance quotes on the web can appear to be somewhat difficult for vehicle owners new to comparing rates over the internet. With literally dozens of insurance companies available, how can you possibly compare every possible option in order to find the best price?
It’s a fact that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Drivers who shop for lower rates are inclined to switch auto insurance companies because they have good chances of finding a policy with better rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that drivers who compared rate quotes regularly saved as much as $3,450 over four years compared to people who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the lowest price for insurance is your intention, then having a good understanding how to quote prices and compare car insurance can help make the process easier.
When comparing insurance rates, know that comparing more quotes helps improve the odds of finding more affordable insurance. Some smaller insurers do not give online rate quotes, so it’s important to also get rates from them as well.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Texas. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Don’t overlook these Chevy Volt insurance discounts
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but there could be significant discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles could earn better insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Defensive Driving Course – Completing a defensive driver class could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Memberships – Being in a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on insurance.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new Volt is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Dallas car insurance quote.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that you could get a free insurance policy, you’re out of luck.
A list of companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driving training, anti-theft, good driver, multiple policy, driver’s education, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, good student, and homeowner.
- Travelers offers discounts for multi-policy, good student, hybrid/electric vehicle, payment discounts, IntelliDrive, and continuous insurance.
- American Family may offer discounts for good student, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, accident-free, multi-vehicle, air bags, and TimeAway discount.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for exclusive group savings, multi-car, multi-policy, good student, new move discount, and newly married.
When quoting, ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits may not be offered in Dallas. If you would like to see a list of providers with discount rates in Dallas, follow this link.
Insurance agents are trained to help
Many drivers would prefer to buy from a local agent and that can be a smart move The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with small agencies is important particularly in Dallas.
By using this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to companies in Dallas who will give you bids for your coverage. You won’t need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent directly to you. It’s the lowest rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, just navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
When finding a good insurance agency, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they operate. Agents in Dallas can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, an independent agent can move your coverage and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing car insurance rates, it’s recommended you compare prices from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also have access to lesser-known insurance companies that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Dallas that may be able to provide rate quotes.
- Thumann Agency, Inc
12770 Coit Rd Suite 110 – Dallas, TX 75251 – (972) 991-9100 – View Map
- E F Insurance Agency
9304 Forest Ln #217 – Dallas, TX 75243 – (972) 931-9285 – View Map
- Associations Insurance Agency, Inc.
5401 N Central Expy Suite 200 – Dallas, TX 75205 – (866) 384-8579 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents generally can only insure with one company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their company’s products and that can be a competitive advantage. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents primarily because of high brand loyalty rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Dallas that are able to give price quotes.
- Danny Venz – State Farm Insurance Agent
3218 Oak Lawn Ave – Dallas, TX 75219 – (214) 521-1400 – View Map
- Mike Baker – State Farm Insurance Agent
3400 Carlisle St Ste 470 – Dallas, TX 75204 – (214) 780-0900 – View Map
- Larry Sandlin – State Farm Insurance Agent
4560 W Mockingbird Ln #120 – Dallas, TX 75209 – (214) 526-5227 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Dallas?
Why Your Insurance Prices might be higher
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in lower auto insurance prices. Lots of things are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but some are more transparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
The factors shown below are some of the major factors that factor into rates.
Coverage lapses raise premiums – Driving your car without having proper coverage can get you a ticket and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage lapse. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance can result in fines and jail time.
Auto insurance rates and your occupation – Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Occupations such as military personnel, airline pilots, and miners have higher rates than the rest of us because of intense work situations and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, jobs like farmers, athletes and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
You might want pay the inexpensive policy claims yourself – Insurance companies in Texas award cheaper rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is intended for larger claims.
Where you live – Choosing to live in less populated areas can save you money when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers and short commutes means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to fewer liability claims. City drivers tend to have more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. More time on the road means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
Insurance losses for a Chevy Volt – Auto insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Chevy Volt vehicles. For each type of coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Values under 100 represent a good loss history, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have larger claims.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Volt Electric||89||83||81||71||73||90|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Volt has a loan, almost every bank will have a requirement that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Chevy at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves both your assets and your Chevy Volt. It also can pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Chevy as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. Unknowingly, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Don’t give up on affordable premiums
Lower-priced Chevy Volt insurance in Dallas is possible on the web and also from your neighborhood Dallas agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not provide online rate quotes and usually these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, policy non-renewal and even questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We just presented a lot of ways to save on Chevy Volt insurance in Dallas. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the most savings is with the smaller companies.
Steps to buying discount Chevy Volt insurance in Dallas
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find cheaper prices for Chevy Volt insurance is to start doing an annual price comparison from companies who provide auto insurance in Dallas.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how insurance works and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many factors that result in higher rates like accidents, traffic violations, and a not-so-good credit history can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to the newly selected company. As soon as coverage is bound, put the certificate of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A valuable tip to remember is that you use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This enables a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- How Much are Dallas Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Dallas Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Dallas Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Journey? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)