If you want to save money, the best way to get affordable Chevy Spark insurance in Dallas is to regularly compare quotes from providers in Texas.
First, learn about coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like traffic violations, accidents, and an unfavorable credit rating can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Spark insurance in Dallas. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A key point to remember is to use identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get price quotes from every insurance company. This provides an accurate price comparison and many rates to choose from.
A study showed that a large majority of drivers have bought insurance from the same company for at least four years, and nearly the majority have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. Many drivers in Dallas can save nearly $1,800 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don’t invest the time required to compare rates.
Companies offering competitive Chevy Spark price quotes in Dallas, TX
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Some companies don’t necessarily list every possible discount very well, so below is a list both well-publicized and also the lesser-known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Dallas car insurance online.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies may permit one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear prior to being involved in the accident.
- Theft Deterrent System – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Dallas car insurance quote.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction with a few auto insurance companies.
- Distant Student – Older children who are attending college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with the same company you may save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple policy, accident-free, good driver, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, multiple autos, and passive restraint.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, good student, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- MetLife includes discounts for good driver, good student, multi-policy, defensive driver, and claim-free.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for 55 and retired, driver training, youthful driver, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including daytime running lights, federal employee, driver training, air bags, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO may include discounts for anti-theft, accident prevention training, drive less, safe driver, teen safe driver, and teen safety rewards.
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. A few discounts may not apply in your state. To find providers with the best Chevy Spark insurance discounts in Texas, click here.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
When quoting and choosing a policy for your personal vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Will my Chevy Spark be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Auto insurance quotes from neighborhood Dallas auto insurance agents
Many people just want to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Most agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance rates and still have a local agent. Buying from local agents is especially important in Dallas.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to companies in Dallas who will give competitive quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you need to quote rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
How to choose the best auto insurance agent in Dallas
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from a good Dallas insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Agents are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning the difference between them because it can influence the selection process.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not write with just one company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you check rates from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They often place coverage with small mutual carriers which may provide better rates.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Dallas that may be able to give cheap rate quotes.
- Frederiksen and Frederiksen Insurance
12900 Preston Rd #500 – Dallas, TX 75230 – (972) 387-8646 – View Map
- Oak Lawn Insurance
5200 Lemmon Ave #105, Dallas, TX 75209, USA – TX 75209, TX USA – (214) 521-2212 – View Map
- Northwest Insurance
11722 Marsh Ln # 345 – Dallas, TX 75229 – (214) 352-5656 – View Map
These type of agents work for only one company such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Dallas who can help you get price quotes.
- Roxy Brown – State Farm Insurance Agent
12640 E Northwest Hwy, Ste 408 – Dallas, TX 75228 – (972) 681-6128 – View Map
- Kevin Davis – State Farm Insurance Agent
4801 Frankford Rd #100 – Dallas, TX 75287 – (972) 818-4223 – View Map
- Kelvin Nunley – State Farm Insurance Agent
1441 N Cockrell Hill Rd #100 – Dallas, TX 75211 – (214) 333-0404 – View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Any agent in Dallas should be willing to answer these questions.
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- What companies can they write with?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Dallas?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
How much can you save?
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Insureds leave their current company for many reasons like delays in paying claims, delays in responding to claim requests, unfair underwriting practices and even high prices. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
A few companies don’t offer rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents. More affordable insurance in Dallas can be sourced both online and from local insurance agents, so you need to compare both so you have a total pricing picture.
More information can be read on the following sites:
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- How Much is Dallas Auto Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)