A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that almost 70% of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Many drivers in Dallas can cut their rates by roughly $1,766 a year, but they think it’s difficult to shop around.
The best way to find affordable quotes for Chevy HHR insurance in Dallas is to regularly compare prices from different companies in Texas. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about what is in your policy and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many things that result in higher rates such as distracted driving and a bad credit rating can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for information to help find cheaper rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
An important part of this process is to make sure you enter the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to analyze as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit several of them to find the lowest auto insurance rates.
Dallas car insurance discounts
Companies that sell car insurance do not advertise the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so we break down some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Memberships – Participating in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums when getting a Dallas auto insurance quote.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with one company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find inexpensive Chevrolet HHR insurance in Dallas.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Dallas auto insurance quote.
- Own a Home and Save – Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings because it requires personal responsibility.
- Pay Early and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child complete a driver education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying car insurance coverage on a new vehicle may earn a small discount because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies will provide an incentive simply for signing digitally online.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply the whole policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Chevy HHR auto insurance costs with and without policy discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A partial list of companies that have most of these discounts may include but are not limited to:
When getting free Dallas auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of providers that offer the discounts shown above in Dallas, click here to view.
Chevy HHR coverage statistics
The coverage table displayed next covers detailed analysis of policy rates for Chevy HHR models. Having a good understanding how insurance prices are formulated can be of help when making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in specific Dallas garaging location which can revise prices significantly.
Why Your Insurance Prices might be higher
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but others are not as apparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
Safer the car lower the rate – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer serious injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can mean better rates for you. If the Chevy HHR earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
Are you male or female? – Over time, data shows that females take fewer risks when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Females and males get in accidents at about the same rate, but the men cause more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 are most likely to cause an accident and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Chevy HHR car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no violations or accidents, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Teenagers are high risk – Mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit. Teenage drivers tend to be careless and easily distracted when driving so car insurance rates are higher.
The data below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Rural areas have lower rates – Residing in smaller towns and rural areas of the country may provide you with better prices when buying car insurance. Fewer drivers means less chance of accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Urban drivers regularly have more traffic problems and more time behind the wheel. More time behind the wheel means higher likelihood of an accident.
You may need advice from an insurance agent
Many people still like to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! Professional insurance agents are trained risk managers and help you file claims. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap car insurance rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with small agencies is definitely important in Dallas.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will give competitive quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t even need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you have a need to compare rates from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right insurer requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. A good agent in Dallas will have answers to these questions.
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to proper insurance coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might point out whether you may require specific advice.
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced collision coverage only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Cheap Chevy HHR insurance in Dallas is possible online as well as from insurance agents, so get free Dallas auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not provide price quotes online and many times these smaller providers work with independent agencies.
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to save on Chevy HHR insurance in Dallas. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even discover the best premium rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read in these articles:
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 25 in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Dallas Car Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)