It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Insureds who shop around for the cheapest price are inclined to switch companies because there is a good chance of finding more affordable rates. A recent study showed that consumers who routinely shopped around saved over $72 a month compared to those who never shopped around for lower prices.
If saving the most money on Chevy Corvette insurance in Dallas is the reason you’re reading this, then having some knowledge of how to get rate quotes and compare coverages can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
The preferred way to get budget Chevy Corvette insurance in Dallas is to start comparing rates regularly from companies in Texas. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Get an understanding of what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that cause rate increases such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a low credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from many different companies. View a list of agents
- Compare the quotes to your existing rates to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a signed application and payment to the newly selected company. Immediately upon receiving it, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
The key thing to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on each quote and and to compare every insurance company. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Smart Buyers Can Lower Insurance Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find much lower annual insurance costs. Many things are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like your driving record, although some other factors are more obscure like where you live or your financial responsibility.
Being married is a good thing – Walking down the aisle can get you a discount on your auto insurance policy. Having a significant other may mean you are more mature than a single person and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
Pleasure use saves money – The more you drive your Chevy in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most insurance companies apply a rate based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance policy correctly shows the proper vehicle usage. Improper usage on your Corvette can result in significantly higher rates.
Performance makes a difference – The performance of the car, truck or SUV you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in your auto insurance rates. The cheapest rates are generally reserved for lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The data below uses these assumptions: married female driver age 20, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Chevrolet Corvette car insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have a range of performance risks.
Deter car thieves – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping car theft and help bring rates down.
Frequent claims increase prices – Insurance companies in Texas award most affordable rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. If you file claims often, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your car insurance is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
Insurance losses for a Chevy Corvette – Auto insurance companies use claims history to calculate a price that will offset losses. Vehicles that the data determines to have increased losses will have a higher premium rate.
The next table illustrates the loss history for Chevy Corvette vehicles. For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is equal to 100. Values that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Corvette 2dr||116||36||101||42||48||39|
|Chevrolet Corvette Convertible||99||25||57||36|
|Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2dr||176||126|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Getting a cheaper price on Chevy Corvette insurance can be relatively painless. Drivers just need to spend a little time to compare rate quotes to see which company has low cost Dallas auto insurance quotes.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it replaces the need to physically go to local Dallas insurance agencies. Comparing online rate quotes makes this process obsolete unless you have a complicated situation and need the professional assistance of a licensed agent. Although, it is possible compare the best prices online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The following companies provide quotes in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Chevy Corvette insurance rates and statistics
The rate information below outlines different rate quotes for Chevy Corvette models. Learning as much as possible about how rates are formulated is important for you to make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Corvette 2-Dr Coupe||$504||$1118||$340||$20||$102||$2,084||$174|
|Corvette GS 2-Dr Coupe||$598||$1248||$340||$20||$102||$2,308||$192|
|Corvette 2-Dr Convertible||$598||$1248||$438||$26||$130||$2,440||$203|
|Corvette GS 2-Dr Convertible||$646||$1378||$438||$26||$130||$2,618||$218|
|Corvette Z06 2-Dr Coupe||$646||$1378||$340||$20||$102||$2,486||$207|
|Corvette ZR1 2-Dr Coupe||$832||$1896||$340||$20||$102||$3,190||$266|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in your specific Dallas location which can raise or lower coverage prices noticeably.
Reckless driving habits raise insurance rates
The information below shows how violations and at-fault claims influence Chevy Corvette car insurance costs for each different age category. The information is based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Chevrolet Corvette annual premiums for males versus females
The chart below illustrates the difference between Chevy Corvette insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Why you need quality insurance for your Chevy Corvette
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Dallas, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Corvette, most banks will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance protects not only your Chevy Corvette but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $825 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but discounts can save money and there are some available to cut the cost considerably. Some of these discounts will be visible when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before being credited. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy and insure them with the same company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find inexpensive Chevrolet Corvette insurance in Dallas.
- Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Paperless Signup – Many companies will give you a small discount just for signing your application digitally online.
- Driver Education Discount – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off with select insurance companies.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Dallas auto insurance quote compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
Please keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower the premium cost.
The example below illustrates the difference between Chevy Corvette insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no violations or accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
Companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- American Family has discounts for Steer into Savings, air bags, accident-free, good student, bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, and good driver.
- State Farm includes discounts for driver’s education, good driver, safe vehicle, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, accident-free, and multiple policy.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include driver training, theft prevention, automatic seat belts, air bags, defensive driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- Travelers offers discounts for multi-policy, continuous insurance, home ownership, IntelliDrive, new car, hybrid/electric vehicle, and save driver.
- GEICO may include discounts for federal employee, daytime running lights, good student, membership and employees, seat belt use, and military active duty.
Check with all the companies which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits might not be offered in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies with significant discounts in Dallas, click here.
Insurance agents near you
Many drivers would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is just fine! Insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheaper premium rates and also buy local.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Dallas that provide free Dallas auto insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won’t need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you wish to compare rates from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. These are valid questions to ask:
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- How many years have they been established?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
If you are searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures that you can choose from. Dallas agents are classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both write car insurance policies, but it’s worth mentioning the differences since it could factor into your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel normally can only provide a single company’s rates and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below are Dallas exclusive insurance agencies who may provide you with price quotes.
Jim Franco – State Farm Insurance Agent
3720 Walnut Hill Ln #203 – Dallas, TX 75229 – (214) 358-3246 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be independent do not sell for just one brand so they can write business through lots of different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies which is easy for the insured.
When comparing car insurance rates, we recommend you check rates from at least one independent agent for the best price selection.
Listed below are Dallas independent insurance agents that can give you price quote information.
One last note
Budget-conscious Chevy Corvette insurance is attainable online and also from your neighborhood Dallas agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some car insurance companies do not provide rate quotes online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to compare Chevy Corvette insurance premium rates in Dallas. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Dallas auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with an unexpected company. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- How Much are Dallas Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Camry in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for College Students in Dallas? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Single Moms in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Dallas Car Insurance for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado in Dallas? (FAQ)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)