It’s hard to fathom, but the vast majority of auto insurance customers in Texas kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. With the average premium in the United States being $1,847, drivers can cut their rates by $859 a year, but they just assume it’s a time-consuming process to find cheap auto insurance rates.
The recommended way to get low-cost car insurance rates in Dallas is to annually compare prices from different companies in Texas. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to learn about what is in your policy and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as your driving record and a not-so-good credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to determine if you can save on R32 insurance. If you find better rates and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application to your new company or agent. As soon as you have the new policy, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A crucial key to this process is to try to compare identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get rates from all possible companies. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
The best way to get rate comparisons for Volkswagen R32 insurance in Dallas is to take advantage of the fact most of the larger companies pay for the opportunity to give you rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information including if the vehicle is leased, if it has an anti-theft system, deductibles desired, and how many miles driven. That rating data gets transmitted to many highly-rated insurers and you will get price comparisons with very little delay.
To compare cheaper Volkswagen R32 insurance rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Dallas.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Texas. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Protect your R32 and other assets
Even though Dallas R32 insurance rates can get expensive, insurance is required in Texas but it also protects you in many ways.
First, most states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a loan, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Volkswagen for a lot more money and force you to pay for it.
Third, auto insurance protects both your Volkswagen and your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. As of last year, the average driver in Texas is currently overpaying as much as $869 every year so it’s recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Verify you’re getting every discount
Companies don’t always publicize every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Dallas car insurance online.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being deployed in the military can result in better premium rates.
- Telematics Data – Insureds who allow driving data submission to monitor their driving habits by using a telematic data system like Allstate’s Drivewise might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies with one insurance company you may save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Own a Home – Just being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
The best auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- State Farm discounts include defensive driving training, driver’s education, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, and accident-free.
- Progressive has discounts for online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, online signing, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, and continuous coverage.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for defensive driver, claim-free, good driver, accident-free, good student, multi-policy
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for multi-policy, safe driver, youthful driver, good student, multi-vehicle, and renewal discount.
- GEICO offers discounts for daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, and driver training.
- SAFECO has savings for drive less, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, and teen safety rewards.
When comparing rates, check with every insurance company which discounts they offer. A few discounts might not apply in every state. For a list of insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Insurance agent or online?
Many drivers would prefer to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the best rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Dallas who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. There is no need to search for an agent because prices are sent directly to you. Get lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you have a need to compare prices for a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choosing a provider needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Dallas?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- If they are an independent agency in Dallas, which companies do they recommend?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
If you’re trying to find a local Dallas insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they function. Agents can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive insurance agents can only provide one company’s prices like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are well trained on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers frequently buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Below are exclusive agencies in Dallas who may provide you with price quote information.
- Joe Pearce – State Farm Insurance Agent
9543 Losa Dr #111 – Dallas, TX 75218 – (214) 327-9315 – View Map
- Richard Ramirez – State Farm Insurance Agent
9400 N Central Expy #120 – Dallas, TX 75231 – (214) 320-3000 – View Map
- Bill Remley – State Farm Insurance Agent
4230 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy #105 – Dallas, TX 75244 – (972) 488-3822 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part.
When comparing insurance prices, you should always compare quotes from a couple of independent agencies in order to compare the most rates. Most have the option of insuring with smaller mutual companies which can save you money.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Dallas that can give you rate quotes.
- Northwest Insurance
11722 Marsh Ln # 345 – Dallas, TX 75229 – (214) 352-5656 – View Map
- JME Insurance
5495 Belt Line Rd #333 – Dallas, TX 75254 – (972) 245-0266 – View Map
- Harrison Insurance Agency
5001 Spring Valley Rd #400e – Dallas, TX 75244 – (972) 250-1776 – View Map
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different and your car insurance should unique, too.
For example, these questions can help discover whether you will benefit from professional help.
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Texas?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Is my Volkswagen R32 covered for flood damage?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
You can lower your auto insurance rates
When searching for cheaper Dallas car insurance quotes, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, someone dropped liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to compare Volkswagen R32 insurance premium rates in Dallas. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even discover the biggest savings come from the smaller companies. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Additional detailed information is available by following these links:
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Dallas Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Dallas Car Insurance Quotes for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- How Much are Dallas Auto Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Corolla? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Seniors in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)