If you want to save the most money, the best way to get low-cost Pontiac Montana insurance in Dallas is to start doing a yearly price comparison from providers that insure vehicles in Texas. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about policy coverages and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases such as distracted driving and poor credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover more ideas to get better rates and get discounts that may be available to you.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Provide written notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new policy. As soon as you receive it, keep the new proof of insurance paperwork with your vehicle’s registration.
The most important part of this process is to compare the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to look at as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Amazingly, nearly 70% of customers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. With the average insurance premium being $2,700, Texas drivers could pocket roughly 70% a year just by comparing rates, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to do a rate comparison.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to buy cheaper insurance using the ideas presented in this article. Buying the cheapest insurance in Dallas is much easier if you know where to start. But Texas drivers need to have an understanding of how companies compete online and take advantage of how the system works.
Good Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, although others are not as apparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
- Expect high rates for teens – More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets. Teenage drivers are statistically proven to be easily distracted when driving with friends therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Premiums increase with policy add-ons – Insurance policies have a lot of extra add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for rental car coverage, accidental death, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem good when deciding what coverages you need, but your needs may have changed so eliminate them to save money.
- Premiums can change based on your address – Being located in areas with lower population can be a good thing when buying auto insurance. People in densely populated areas have to deal with more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accident claims in addition to lower liability claims.
- Limits of liability coverage – The liability section of your policy is the protection if ever a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. Liability provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Frequent policy claims will cost more – Companies in Texas provide the best rates to insureds who do not file claims often. If you file claims often, you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Take policy discounts and save on Pontiac Montana insurance in Dallas
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there may be some discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will be applied when you purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Multi-line Discount – Some car insurance companies give a lower rate if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Student Driver Training – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Anti-theft System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote Dallas car insurance depending on your company.
- Data Collection Discounts – Dallas drivers who agree to allow data collection to analyze where and when they drive by using a telematic data system like Allstate’s Drivewise may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car model can save you some money due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
Keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though you would think you could get a free car insurance policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Large car insurance companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for good student, air bags, defensive driver, early bird, homeowners, and teen driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including multiple policy, driver’s education, passive restraint, accident-free, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for Farm Bureau membership, good student, multi-policy, easy pay, defensive driving, and anti-theft.
- Esurance offers discounts for online quote, DriveSense, Switch & Save, multi-policy, paid-in-full, emergency road assistance, and multi-car.
- The Hartford may include discounts for air bag, good student, bundle, vehicle fuel type, and defensive driver.
Double check with each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of providers who offer car insurance discounts in Dallas, click this link.
Don’t give up on affordable premiums
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to find cheaper Pontiac Montana insurance in Dallas. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Drivers may even discover the best car insurance rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent agents. Cost effective Pontiac Montana insurance is definitely available on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to get a complete price analysis.
Much more information about insurance in Texas can be found on the following sites:
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Government Employees in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Dallas Car Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Dallas Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)