It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you to look for a cheaper policy. Insureds who shop rates annually will, in all likelihood, switch companies because there is a good chance of finding a policy with better rates. Remarkably, a study showed that people who regularly compared rates saved on average $850 each year compared to people who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance in Dallas is your target objective, then learning about how to choose a company and compare insurance coverage can help make the process easier.
The best way to get affordable Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance in Dallas is to compare quotes annually from insurers who can sell car insurance in Texas. This can be done by following these steps.
First, spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance works and the changes you can make to lower rates. Many things that increase rates like high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit rating can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Second, request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
Third, compare the new quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your existing policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application for your new policy. Don’t forget to put the new proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The key aspect of shopping around is to use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and and to get rates from all possible companies. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of both well-publicized as well as the least known car insurance savings.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education if offered at their school.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying a new car instead of a used Silverado 3500HD can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Data Collection Discounts – Dallas drivers who agree to allow their car insurance company to track driving habits by using a telematic data system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- E-sign Discounts – Many insurance companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy digitally online.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring more than one vehicle with one company could earn a price break for each car.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Chevy could be rewarded with cheaper prices.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, nobody gets a free ride.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance costs with and without discounts. The prices are based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
A list of companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driving training, safe vehicle, student away at school, driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple autos, and Drive Safe & Save.
- American Family offers discounts including accident-free, good student, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, air bags, good driver, and early bird.
- GEICO may offer discounts for five-year accident-free, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, driver training, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- 21st Century includes discounts for teen driver, air bags, good student, driver training, theft prevention, student driver, and early bird.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, online signing, and homeowner.
If you want affordable Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not apply to policies in every state. To view companies who offer cheap Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance quotes in Dallas, click this link.
Getting a cheap price on insurance is surprisingly easy. Drivers just need to invest a little time comparing rate quotes online with multiple companies.
The companies in the list below can provide quotes in Texas. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Detailed insurance information
The coverage information below showcases different insurance premium costs for Chevy Silverado 3500HD models. Being more informed about how policy rates are calculated is important for drivers to make decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 4WD||$376||$738||$490||$30||$146||$1,780||$148|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Extended Cab 4WD||$376||$738||$490||$30||$146||$1,780||$148|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab 2WD||$376||$642||$392||$24||$118||$1,552||$129|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$414||$642||$392||$24||$118||$1,590||$133|
|Silverado 3500HD LT Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$414||$738||$392||$24||$118||$1,686||$141|
|Silverado 3500HD LTZ Crew Cab Diesel 2WD||$414||$738||$392||$24||$118||$1,686||$141|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in specific Dallas garaging location which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates noticeably.
The illustration below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance prices for different age groups. The data is based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD insurance rates by gender
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance prices for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no violations or claims, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage?
The illustration below compares Chevy Silverado 3500HD auto insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premiums are based on no accidents or driving violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to eliminate full coverage
There isn’t a written rule of when to drop comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Chevy Silverado 3500HD book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are currently paying more than $500 a year for full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
How much auto insurance do I need?
Always keep in mind that when comparing the right insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions can help discover if you may require specific advice.
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
When should I get advice from an agent?
A lot of people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! Agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing car insurance online is you can get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Dallas.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Dallas who will give you quotes to get your business. You won’t need to visit any agencies because prices are sent straight to your inbox. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific car insurance provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Dallas for you
If you want local Dallas agents, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they operate. Car insurance agents in Dallas can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either type can sell car insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part. When shopping rates, we highly recommend that you contact multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates. They also have the ability to place coverage with companies that do not advertise much who may have lower rates.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Dallas who can help you get free car insurance quotes.
- Stewart Insurance Agency
437 W 12th St – Dallas, TX 75208 – (214) 948-7600 – View Map
- Frederiksen and Frederiksen Insurance
12900 Preston Rd #500 – Dallas, TX 75230 – (972) 387-8646 – View Map
- Ross “Pistol” Love – Love Insurance Agency
5400 E Mockingbird Ln #224 – Dallas, TX 75206 – (214) 843-0772 – View Map
Exclusive agencies have only one company to place business with and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They are unable to compare other company’s rates so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which can be an advantage. Many people buy from exclusive agents mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than low price.
The following is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Dallas willing to provide price quotes.
- Roxy Brown – State Farm Insurance Agent
12640 E Northwest Hwy, Ste 408 – Dallas, TX 75228 – (972) 681-6128 – View Map
- Kevin Davis – State Farm Insurance Agent
4801 Frankford Rd #100 – Dallas, TX 75287 – (972) 818-4223 – View Map
- Todd Schara – State Farm Insurance Agent
516 S Hampton Rd #140 – Dallas, TX 75208 – (214) 943-7500 – View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Dallas?
Upon getting good feedback to any questions you may have and an affordable coverage quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that can be relied on to insure your vehicles. Just understand that you can cancel coverage when you choose so don’t think you are locked into a specific agent indefinitely.
Cheap coverage is out there
Some auto insurance companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies. Cost effective Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance is attainable from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to reduce Chevy Silverado 3500HD insurance rates online in Dallas. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from the least-expected company. These smaller insurers may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Even more information can be read in these articles:
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Dallas Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Malibu in Dallas? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)