It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get budget Volkswagen e-Golf insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies who sell auto insurance in Dallas. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- Learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the modifications you can make to lower rates. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like speeding tickets, accidents and an imperfect credit history can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover instructions to help keep rates affordable and find overlooked discounts.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper rate is available in Dallas. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
An important part of this process is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverages on each quote request and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
A recent survey discovered that most auto insurance buyers in Texas kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and nearly 40% of drivers have never shopped around. American consumers can save $859 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they underestimate the rate savings if they switch to a new company.
Slash your auto insurance rates with these six discounts
Some companies do not advertise all their discounts very clearly, so the list below contains both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Dallas auto insurance online. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount available, you are throwing money away.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts in comparison with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Early Switch Discount – Select auto insurance companies give a discount for signing up before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Senior Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 could receive better auto insurance rates.
- Seat Belts Save – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
You should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that you could get a free auto insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts are:
- State Farm has discounts for multiple autos, good student, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good driver.
- GEICO discounts include multi-policy, military active duty, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, and good student.
- 21st Century includes discounts for driver training, teen driver, theft prevention, anti-lock brakes, and automatic seat belts.
- American Family may have discounts that include Steer into Savings, good student, mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, and bundled insurance.
- The Hartford offers discounts including defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, bundle, driver training, and good student.
- AAA has savings for AAA membership discount, good driver, pay-in-full, anti-theft, good student, education and occupation, and multi-policy.
Before buying, ask every insurance company the best way to save money. Some discounts might not be offered in every state. To see a list of auto insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Texas, click this link.
The best way we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to realize most of the larger companies pay for the opportunity to compare rate quotes. All consumers are required to do is provide details like your occupation, if it has an alarm system, the type of vehicles you drive, and if you require a SR-22. Your details is instantly submitted to multiple auto insurance providers and you will receive price estimates almost instantly.
To check rates for your Volkswagen e-Golf now, click here then complete the form.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Dallas, TX. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you click on several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different and your car insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions may help highlight if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- What is medical payments coverage?
- What happens if I owe more than my Volkswagen e-Golf is worth?
- How high should deductibles be on a Volkswagen e-Golf?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Are insurance agencies obsolete?
A lot of people just want to buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can obtain cheaper prices and still choose a local agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is important especially in Dallas.
After completing this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to agents in your area that can give you free Dallas auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
When searching for a good Dallas insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they work. Agents in Dallas are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company and that require little work on your part. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you definitely need to get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from. Most also have access to small regional insurance companies which may provide better rates.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Dallas that may be able to give free price quotes.
- Ross “Pistol” Love – Love Insurance Agency
5400 E Mockingbird Ln #224 – Dallas, TX 75206 – (214) 843-0772 – View Map
- Oak Lawn Insurance
5200 Lemmon Ave #105, Dallas, TX 75209, USA – TX 75209, TX USA – (214) 521-2212 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Comparable Insurance Agency Inc
9750 Walnut St Ste 106 – Dallas, TX 75243 – (214) 575-2750 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive work for only one company and some examples include Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to choose to use an exclusive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are Dallas exclusive insurance agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Mike Baker – State Farm Insurance Agent
3400 Carlisle St Ste 470 – Dallas, TX 75204 – (214) 780-0900 – View Map
- Kelvin Nunley – State Farm Insurance Agent
1441 N Cockrell Hill Rd #100 – Dallas, TX 75211 – (214) 333-0404 – View Map
- Jim Franco – State Farm Insurance Agent
3720 Walnut Hill Ln #203 – Dallas, TX 75229 – (214) 358-3246 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agency should depend on more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Dallas should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
Insurance coverage specifics
Having a good grasp of insurance can be of help when determining which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Listed below are typical coverages found on most insurance policies.
This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property that is your fault. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 30/60/25 that means you have $30,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $60,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against things like attorney fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as large an amount as possible. Texas requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/25 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
The next chart shows why buying the state minimum limits may not be high enough to adequately cover claims.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This gives you protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many Texas drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Texas limits are 30/60/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage covers damage to your e-Golf resulting from a collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things such as crashing into a ditch, colliding with a tree, sideswiping another vehicle and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible on your e-Golf to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like falling objects, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a deer and hitting a bird. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses like X-ray expenses, nursing services, hospital visits, prosthetic devices and surgery. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Smart consumers save more
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
We just showed you some good ideas how you can get a better price on Volkswagen e-Golf insurance in Dallas. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest rates are with the least-expected company. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates than their larger competitors like Progressive or GEICO.
More tips and info about auto insurance can be read in the articles below:
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Focus in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)