The best way we recommend to find better pricing on car insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from providers who can sell car insurance in Dallas. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about how car insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as speeding and a low credit rating can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Later in this article we will cover information to lower rates and earn a bigger discount.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to the new company. When you receive it, place the new proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
A tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same deductibles and limits on every quote and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
It goes without saying that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Drivers who shop around for a cheaper policy will most likely switch car insurance companies because there are good odds of finding a more affordable policy. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who routinely shopped around saved as much as $865 annually as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding low prices for car insurance is your objective, then having an understanding of the best ways to find and compare auto insurance can make the process more efficient.
The companies shown below provide price comparisons in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get the most competitive price.
Rates and other information
The coverage information displayed below covers detailed analysis of prices for Lexus IS 350 models. Learning a little about how auto insurance premiums are determined is important for you to make informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|IS 350 4-Dr Sedan||$344||$542||$500||$30||$150||$1,566||$131|
|IS 350 C 2-Dr Convertible||$344||$542||$500||$30||$150||$1,566||$131|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in garaging location in Dallas which can change prices significantly.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Lexus IS 350 auto insurance rates with and without full coverage. Data assumes no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no clear-cut rule to stop paying for full coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Lexus IS 350 settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $3,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it’s costing in excess of $300 annually for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Car insurance agents can help
Many people would rather go talk to an agent and doing that can be a smart decision Agents can help you choose the best coverages and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of comparing car insurance online is you can get lower rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your insurance data gets sent to local insurance agents that provide free Dallas auto insurance quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to your email. If you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you would need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right provider should depend on more than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- What discounts might you be missing?
- How are claims handled?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
Different types of Dallas auto insurance agents
If you are searching for an insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Dallas agents can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can sell car insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the difference between them because it can factor into the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage. Some insured continue to buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Dallas who can help you get price quote information.
- Joe Pearce – State Farm Insurance Agent
9543 Losa Dr #111 – Dallas, TX 75218 – (214) 327-9315 – View Map
- State Farm: Brent Cooper
5232 Forest Ln #111 – Dallas, TX 75244 – (214) 987-1995 – View Map
- Danny Venz – State Farm Insurance Agent
3218 Oak Lawn Ave – Dallas, TX 75219 – (214) 521-1400 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies amongst many companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparison shopping, you will definitely want to check rates from at a minimum one independent agency for the best price selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller mutual companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Dallas that are able to give price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: The Rod Hanks Agency Inc
6300 Samuell Blvd #05 – Dallas, TX 75228 – (214) 275-8372 – View Map
- Frederiksen and Frederiksen Insurance
12900 Preston Rd #500 – Dallas, TX 75230 – (972) 387-8646 – View Map
- Thumann Agency, Inc
12770 Coit Rd Suite 110 – Dallas, TX 75251 – (972) 991-9100 – View Map
After you get satisfactory answers to any questions you may have and an affordable coverage quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance agency that is reputable and can service your policy. But remember, it’s your policy and you can cancel a policy when you choose so don’t feel that you’re stuck with any particular company with no way out.