Trying to find low cost Kia Sportage insurance in Dallas is a challenge for drivers who are new to quoting coverage prices online. With such a large number of agents and companies competing online, it can easily become more work than you anticipated to lower your prices on Kia Sportage insurance.
How to find low-cost rates for Kia Sportage insurance in Dallas
Really, the only way to find lower priced Kia Sportage insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers that sell auto insurance in Dallas.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the modifications you can make to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that increase rates such as accidents, traffic violations, and an imperfect credit score can be improved by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives more ideas to get cheaper coverage and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One tip to remember is to try to use identical coverages on every quote request and to quote with as many carriers as you can. This ensures a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Regrettably, a large majority of consumers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and nearly half have never compared quotes from other companies. The average driver in Texas could save approximately 70% every year, but they just feel it’s too hard to shop their coverage around.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to find the best rates using the techniques presented in this article. The purpose of this article is to introduce you to the best way to quote coverages and some tricks to saving. Nevertheless, Texas vehicle owners can benefit from knowing the way companies price online insurance because rates are impacted by many factors.
Rate information and statistics
The rate table below showcases different insurance coverage prices for Kia Sportage models. Having a good grasp of how auto insurance premiums are figured can help you make smart choices when buying a car insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sportage LX 2WD 4-Dr||$158||$256||$382||$22||$114||$932||$78|
|Sportage LX 2WD 4-Dr||$158||$256||$382||$22||$114||$932||$78|
|Sportage EX 2WD 4-Dr||$182||$312||$382||$22||$114||$1,012||$84|
|Sportage LX 4WD 4-Dr||$182||$312||$382||$22||$114||$1,012||$84|
|Sportage EX 4WD 4-Dr||$182||$312||$382||$22||$114||$1,012||$84|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in garaging location in Dallas which can influence premium rates considerably.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The chart below illustrates the difference between Kia Sportage premium costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The data is based on no violations or accidents, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no definitive formula to stop paying for comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s say your Kia Sportage book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying in excess of $800 a year for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not a good plan. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
How do Insurers Determine Kia Sportage Insurance Costs?
Multiple criteria are considered when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, although some other factors are less obvious such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
- Having a spouse pays dividends – Having a significant other can actually save you money when buying insurance. Having a spouse may mean you are more mature and responsible and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Rates can be impacted by your occupation – Do you have a high-stress occupation? Jobs like doctors, social workers, and stock brokers generally pay the highest average rates due to intense work-related stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, careers like scientists, engineers and performers get better rates.
- Cheaper rates by bundling – Many insurance companies will give better rates to customers that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can be as much as ten percent or more Even with this discount, drivers will still want to get quotes from other companies to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Physical damage deductibles are a factor – Deductibles for physical damage define the amount you are required to pay if you file a covered claim. Physical damage insurance, also called ‘full coverage’, is used to repair damage to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be a windshield broken by a bird, damage from fire, and damage caused by road hazards. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Insurance loss data for Kia Sportage vehicles – Insurance companies analyze historical claim data to calculate a price that will offset losses. Vehicles that the data determines to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher premium rate. The table below shows the insurance loss data for Kia Sportage vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Values under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are above 100 point to more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Kia Sportage Vehicles Specific Kia Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Sportage 4dr 2WD 82 100 66 113 127 109 Kia Sportage 4dr 4WD 90 100 83 116 108 101BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, questionable increases in premium, denial of a claim and delays in paying claims. Whatever your reason, switching car insurance companies can be easier than you think.
You just read many tips how you can get a better price on Kia Sportage insurance in Dallas. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Kia Sportage rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates come from the smaller companies.
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. The aim is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Kia Sportage insurance in Dallas
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find the cheapest price for auto insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies in Dallas.
First, learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit rating can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of this process is that you use similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote request and to quote with as many carriers as you can. This enables an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Company Car in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Postal Workers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Sonata in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Chevrolet Equinox in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Safety Tips for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)