Do you want to learn to get low-cost Buick Verano insurance in Dallas? Searching for better insurance prices for a new or used Buick Verano in Texas can be difficult, but you can use the following methods to save time. There is a better way to shop for auto insurance so we’re going to tell you the proper way to get price quotes on a Buick and locate the lowest possible price from Dallas insurance agents and online providers.
Cheap companies for Buick Verano insurance in Texas
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Dallas, TX. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance policy discounts you can’t miss
Some insurance providers don’t always list every available discount very well, so we break down some of the best known and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Safe Driver Discounts – Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount on your bill.
- Distant Student Discount – Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Dallas and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
You should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Companies and some of the discounts are included below.
- GEICO offers discounts for federal employee, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, seat belt use, driver training, anti-lock brakes, and five-year accident-free.
- MetLife discounts include accident-free, claim-free, multi-policy, good driver, and defensive driver.
- Progressive offers discounts including homeowner, online quote discount, online signing, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers has discounts for continuous insurance, home ownership, multi-car, student away at school, save driver, good student, and IntelliDrive.
- SAFECO may include discounts for bundle discounts, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, anti-theft, and teen safe driver.
- AAA has savings for anti-theft, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, multi-car, and good driver.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in every state. To view companies that offer multiple discounts in Texas, click this link.
Buick Verano Insurance Cost Factors
Lots of factors are considered when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, but some are less apparent like your continuous coverage or your commute time.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” utilized by car insurance companies to help set premiums.
Don’t abuse insurance claims – Insurance companies in Texas award cheaper rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is intended for more catastrophic claims.
Improve your credit rating and save – Your credit score will be a significant factor in calculating your premium rate. So if your credit score leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Buick Verano if you improve your credit rating. People that have excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims than those with lower ratings.
Deter vehicle theft – Owning a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help stop auto theft.
Do you really need the add-on coverages? – There are many additional coverages that may not really be needed when buying insurance. Insurance for things like rental car coverage, death and dismemberment, and membership fees may be costing you every month. They may seem like a good idea initially, but now you might not need them so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
Buick Verano claim statistics – Insurers include the past claim trends for vehicles to calculate a rate that will offset losses. Vehicles that have increased claim numbers or amounts will have increased rates. The table below outlines the loss history for Buick Verano vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is a value of 100. Percentages below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendency for claims to be larger.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do I need an agent?
A lot of people still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a smart move Experienced insurance agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. A good thing about price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheaper car insurance rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Dallas that can give you free Dallas auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, feel free to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right company requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Dallas should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Where are claims handled?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Texas?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
If you want to use a local agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies from which to choose. Agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either can write auto insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it could factor into the selection process.
Agents of this type are contracted to one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are well trained in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers sometimes buy from the same agent for years partially due to the brand rather than low price.
Shown below are Dallas exclusive insurance agencies who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Kelvin Nunley – State Farm Insurance Agent
1441 N Cockrell Hill Rd #100 – Dallas, TX 75211 – (214) 333-0404 – View Map
- Dan Stanton – State Farm Insurance Agent
3767 Forest Ln #107 – Dallas, TX 75244 – (972) 243-8894 – View Map
- State Farm: Dwight Hill
10300 N Central Expy #296 – Dallas, TX 75231 – (469) 232-2396 – View Map
Independent agencies are not employed by one company so they can quote policies amongst many companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company and you stay with the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. Most also write with lesser-known insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Dallas who can help you get rate quotes.
- Stewart Insurance Agency
437 W 12th St – Dallas, TX 75208 – (214) 948-7600 – View Map
- Northwest Insurance
11722 Marsh Ln # 345 – Dallas, TX 75229 – (214) 352-5656 – View Map
- Associations Insurance Agency, Inc.
5401 N Central Expy Suite 200 – Dallas, TX 75205 – (866) 384-8579 – View Map
If you receive acceptable answers to any questions you may have and a low price estimate, most likely you have located an insurance agency that can service your policy. It’s important to know that you can always cancel coverage for any reason so don’t feel that you are obligated to any specific company for the full term.
Be persistent to save money
As you restructure your insurance plan, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. The goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
You just learned a lot of ways to compare Buick Verano insurance prices in Dallas. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Affordable Buick Verano insurance in Dallas is available on the web and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not provide internet price quotes and most of the time these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
How to find low-cost rates for Buick Verano insurance in Dallas
If you want to save money, the best way to get affordable auto insurance rates in Dallas is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies that insure vehicles in Texas.
- Learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to keep rates down. Many factors that result in higher rates like speeding tickets, accidents and your credit history can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One thing to remember is to make sure you enter the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Even more information is available at these sites:
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Dallas Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Dallas Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Camry in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)