Want to save money and find cheaper Acura MDX insurance in Dallas? Are you intimidated by the wide range of insurance providers in your area? You're not alone. Consumers have so many providers available that it can easily turn into a chore to compare prices on Acura MDX insurance. If you've ever been there, you know that Dallas has many things to offer, but expensive insurance rates can make it impossible to be able to buy decent coverage.
How to find the cheapest rates for Acura MDX insurance in Dallas
Really, the only way to get low-cost car insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from companies who sell insurance in Dallas. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- First, read about how insurance works and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as speeding and poor credit can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article provides ideas to find cheap rates and find overlooked discounts.
- Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A crucial key to this process is that you'll want to compare identical coverage information on every price quote and and to look at as many carriers as you can. This enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
It's a fact that car insurance companies don't want you to look for cheaper rates. Drivers who shop rates annually will presumably switch companies because there is a significant possibility of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent insurance study revealed that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved approximately $865 annually compared to other drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest price for Acura MDX insurance is your ultimate goal, then understanding how to find and compare auto insurance can make the process less intimidating.
Companies offering Acura MDX insurance in Dallas
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Premium rates and analysis
The price information shown next covers estimates of insurance costs for Acura MDX models. Having a better idea how car insurance premiums are established can help you make smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MDX with Tech Package 4WD||$232||$392||$358||$22||$108||$1,112||$93|
|MDX with Tech/Entertainment 4WD||$232||$392||$358||$22||$108||$1,112||$93|
|MDX Advance 4WD||$232||$392||$358||$22||$108||$1,112||$93|
|MDX Advance/Entertainment 4WD||$232||$392||$358||$22||$108||$1,112||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle location which can lower or raise coverage prices considerably.
The information below shows how different deductible levels and can increase or decrease Acura MDX annual premium costs for different categories of driver ages. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
How careless driving impacts Dallas car insurance rates
The diagram below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault claims influence Acura MDX insurance costs for each age group. The data is based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Age, gender, and Acura MDX insurance
The illustration below shows the difference between Acura MDX yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no violations or accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Affordable Dallas auto insurance quotes with discounts
Some companies don't always list all their discounts very clearly, so below is a list some of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on auto insurance.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems could see savings of more than 20%.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being deployed with a military unit could mean lower premium rates.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you may earn as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying coverage for multiple vehicles with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Paperless Signup - A few larger online companies will provide an incentive for completing your application digitally online.
- Driver's Education for Students - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver's education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Employee of Federal Government - Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off depending on your auto insurance provider.
As a sidenote, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it's just not the way it works.
The diagram below compares Acura MDX insurance rates with and without discounts applied. The rates are based on a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts are:
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for annual mileage, age of vehicle, anti-theft, accident-free, type of vehicle, multi-car, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including alternative fuel, teen driver, bundle discounts, youthful driver, multi-car, and switch companies.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for renewal discount, good student, multi-policy, youthful driver, and 55 and retired.
- State Farm offers discounts including Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, multiple autos, passive restraint, and good driver.
- Allstate may include discounts for senior citizen, utility vehicle, eSmart discount, anti-lock brakes, FullPay discount, and defensive driver.
- GEICO may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, military active duty, daytime running lights, multi-policy, and driver training.
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Savings may not apply in your area. To choose insurers who offer cheap Acura MDX insurance quotes in Texas, click here.
When to have guidance from a local insurance agent
Some people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is especially important in Dallas.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to participating agents in Dallas that provide free Dallas car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If for some reason you want to get a price quote for a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Dallas for you
When looking for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it's important to understand the different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Agencies in Dallas are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are not employed by one company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, we recommend you compare prices from several independent agencies to get the best comparison. They often place coverage with small regional insurance companies which may have better rates.
Featured below is a small list of independent agents in Dallas who may provide comparison quotes.
- Porter-Brandenburg Agency
12160 Abrams Rd - Dallas, TX 75243 - (972) 234-5588 - View Map
- Harrison Insurance Agency
5001 Spring Valley Rd #400e - Dallas, TX 75244 - (972) 250-1776 - View Map
- Calema Insurance Agency
3021 Lombardy Ln #101 - Dallas, TX 75220 - (469) 341-7831 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents write business for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot provide other company's prices so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some people will only use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Dallas who can help you get rate quotes.
- Linda Horton State Farm Insurance Agency
8150 N Central Expy #735 - Dallas, TX 75206 - (214) 363-4563 - View Map
- Phil Maxey - State Farm Insurance Agent
17304 Preston Rd Ste 125 - Dallas, TX 75252 - (972) 233-2222 - View Map
- Carlos Luevano - State Farm Insurance Agent
4444 W Illinois Ave #304 - Dallas, TX 75211 - (214) 337-8888 - View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Does their agency support local causes in Dallas?
What is the best car insurance coverage?
When selecting coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone's situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For instance, these questions might help in determining if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Are rock-chip repairs free?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Does my car insurance cover rental cars?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Is my camper covered for physical damage?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Who is covered when they drive my Acura MDX?
If you can't answer these questions then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Car insurance coverage basics
Understanding the coverages of your car insurance policy can be of help when determining which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are typical coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Medical expense insurance - Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses such as dental work, chiropractic care, doctor visits and rehabilitation expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability auto insurance - Liability insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other's property or people. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show limits of 30/60/25 which means $30,000 in coverage for each person's injuries, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability can pay for things like medical expenses, legal defense fees and funeral expenses. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford. Texas state minimum liability requirements are 30/60/25 but you should consider buying more coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why buying low liability limits may not be enough.
Collision coverage - This coverage covers damage to your MDX resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as colliding with a tree, hitting a parking meter, sideswiping another vehicle and crashing into a ditch. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your MDX in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision) - Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as falling objects, damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from getting keyed, damage from flooding and a broken windshield. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle's value it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers - Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle's damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (30/60/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Do the work, save more money
You just read a lot of techniques to save on Acura MDX insurance in Dallas. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Dallas car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from a lesser-known regional company. Regional companies often have lower rates on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
There are still a few companies who may not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents. More affordable car insurance in Dallas is available on the web and also from your neighborhood Dallas agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection.
How to save on Acura MDX insurance in Dallas
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers that sell auto insurance in Dallas. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about coverages and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like accidents, traffic violations, and poor credit history can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new carrier. As soon as you can, put the certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
One piece of advice is to make sure you're comparing similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Additional information is available below:
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Rogue in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Low Mileage Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Postal Workers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Focus in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)