Shockingly, most auto insurance policyholders kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for well over three years, and 38% of drivers have never shopped around. Drivers in Dallas could save roughly $1,766 each year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate the big savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
The best way to find better pricing on Acura ILX insurance in Dallas is to annually compare prices from different companies who provide auto insurance in Texas.
- First, spend some time learning about how your policy works and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit score can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for information to help prevent costly coverage and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers. Click to view companies
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you can save some money and change companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a signed application to the new company. As soon as coverage is bound, put the certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
One important bit of advice is to try to use similar coverage information on each price quote and and to analyze as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and plenty of rates choose from.
This article will introduce you to the most effective ways to compare rates and also pocket some savings If you are insured now, you stand a good chance to be able to shop for the lowest rates using this information. Nevertheless, Texas consumers need to learn the way companies price insurance differently.
Keep in mind that more quotes helps locate the best price.
The providers in the list below can provide free quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
How do Insurance Providers Determine Acura ILX Insurance Premiums?
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that are used to determine the price you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could result in cheaper rates.
The factors shown below are some of the items used by your company to calculate your prices.
- Only buy incidental coverages you need – Policies have extra bells and whistles you can purchase but may not be useful. Coverages for vanishing deductibles, high-cost glass coverage, and additional equipment coverage are some examples. These coverages may sound good initially, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
- Credit rating impact car insurance costs – A driver’s credit score can be a huge factor in calculating your car insurance rates. People that have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit scores. So if your credit can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your Acura ILX by improving your credit score.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lowers car insurance rates – Selecting a car model with an alarm system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system can thwart auto theft and help lower rates.
- With age comes responsibility – Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable. Teen drivers are proven to be more careless when driving so car insurance rates are higher.
- Drive less and get lower costs – The more miles you rack up on your Acura in a year’s time the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of insurance companies rate vehicles based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Improper usage on your ILX is throwing money out the window. It’s a smart idea to ensure your car insurance policy is showing the correct driver usage.
- Being married can save on car insurance – Having a spouse actually saves money on car insurance. Marriage translates into being more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Liability insurance – The liability section of your policy is the protection if you are determined to be liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. It provides you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Does insurance cost less for females? – Over time, data shows women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that females are better drivers. Both sexes get in at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but males tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Young men ages 16 to 20 are the most expensive to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
Loss statistics for an Acura ILX – Insurance companies use past insurance losses in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher number or severity of losses will have increased rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the loss history for Acura ILX vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is a value of 100. Percentage numbers below 100 represent a good loss history, while percentage values above 100 indicate frequent claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Acura ILX Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura ILX 96 94 83 112 111 97BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance just makes sense
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Acura ILX in Dallas, buying insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Acura, almost all lenders will require that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Acura at a much higher rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your Acura ILX and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in Texas overpays more than $850 per year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.