The easiest way to get affordable BMW X1 insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers who sell insurance in Dallas.
First, take a few minutes and learn about how auto insurance works and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as getting speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit history can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for information to get lower rates and earn larger discounts.
Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for many different companies. Compare rates now
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper X1 coverage is available. If you find a better price and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for the new coverage. Once coverage is bound, put the proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle.
One important bit of advice is to make sure you enter similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that over 70% of Texas drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for more than four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,847, U.S. drivers can save about $850 each year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue the big savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
Pricing the lowest-priced insurance policy in Dallas is not as difficult as people think. If you have coverage now or are just looking to switch companies, use these money-saving tips to reduce the price you pay and possibly find even better coverage. Shoppers just have to learn the tricks to compare different rates from many different companies online.
The easiest way to get policy rate comparisons for BMW X1 insurance in Dallas is to take advantage of the fact most insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to compare rate quotes. To begin a comparison, all you need to do is provide a small amount of information including whether the vehicles are used for commuting, your general credit rating, whether you are married, and your occupation. Those rating factors is then sent to multiple top-rated companies and you will get price comparisons immediately.
To start a quote now, click here and find out if lower rates are available in Dallas.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Here’s why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a BMW X1 in Dallas, auto insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your BMW X1 has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your BMW at an extremely high rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. On average, a vehicle owner in Dallas is wasting up to $700 annually so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
These ten discounts can lower your car insurance quotes
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may be missing some discounts that you may not know about. Some of these discounts will be visible at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Multiple Cars – Having more than one vehicle on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Dallas auto insurance quote. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings up to 30%.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get better car insurance rates.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Early Switch Discount – Some larger companies reward drivers for switching policies early. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Professional Memberships – Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on car insurance.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
A quick disclaimer, some credits don’t apply the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
The best car insurance companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO may include discounts for defensive driver, five-year accident-free, driver training, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, and seat belt use.
- Travelers offers discounts for new car, good student, save driver, driver training, multi-car, hybrid/electric vehicle, and home ownership.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, multi-policy, renewal discount, 55 and retired, safe driver, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual has discounts for safety features, preferred payment discount, exclusive group savings, multi-policy, new move discount, newly married, and good student.
- American Family offers premium reductions for mySafetyValet, multi-vehicle, early bird, air bags, good driver, and Steer into Savings.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, good student, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts may not be available in Dallas. To see companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Dallas, click here to view.
Getting quotes from local Dallas car insurance agents
Many people still like to sit down with an agent and often times that is recommended Experienced insurance agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from small agencies is definitely important in Dallas.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the coverage information is sent to companies in Dallas who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If you need to quote rates from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
What type of Dallas car insurance agent is right for you?
If you want a local Dallas insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies to choose from. Insurance policy providers can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can sell insurance policies, but it’s important to know how they are different because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent do not write with just one company so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and get the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part. When comparing insurance rates, we recommend you compare prices from a few independent agents in order to compare the most rates.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Dallas that may be able to give competitive price quotes.
Agents of this type work for only one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Dallas that can give you rate quotes.
Selecting an car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Texas?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
It’s not one size fits all
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best car insurance coverage, there really isn’t a cookie cutter policy. Your financial needs are unique.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Is my BMW X1 covered for flood damage?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Detailed coverages of your insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
This coverage will cover damage that occurs to other people or property by causing an accident. It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 30/60/25 which means a limit of $30,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $60,000, and property damage coverage for $25,000. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers claims like repair bills for other people’s vehicles, repair costs for stationary objects, court costs and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Texas requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The chart below shows why minimum state limits may not be adequate.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building and driving through your garage door. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your X1 to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for short-term medical expenses for EMT expenses, hospital visits, funeral costs and X-ray expenses. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like fire damage, theft and a broken windshield. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your BMW X1.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (30/60/25 in Texas), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Frequently these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Cheaper insurance rates are out there
When searching for inexpensive Dallas auto insurance quotes, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
You just read a lot of techniques to get a better price on BMW X1 insurance in Dallas. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates come from a small mutual company.
Cost effective BMW X1 insurance is attainable from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you need to shop Dallas auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies may not offer online quoting and these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
Other learning opportunities
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Dallas Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Dallas Car Insurance for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Jeep Wrangler in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Dallas Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Subaru Outback in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Dallas Auto Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)