It’s a fact that insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Drivers who shop around for cheaper rates are highly likely to switch insurance companies because they stand a good chance of finding better rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who did price comparisons regularly saved over $70 a month compared to policyholders who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the cheapest price on car insurance is why you’re here, then having a grasp of how to get price quotes and compare insurance rates can make it easier for you to save money.
The easiest way to find affordable Mazda CX-5 insurance is to compare prices annually from companies who can sell car insurance in Dallas. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
First, get a basic knowledge of how car insurance works and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like inattentive driving and an unacceptable credit rating can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Second, request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for many different companies.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and determine if there is any savings. If you find better rates and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Fourth, give notification to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new agent or company. As soon as you can, place your new certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing the same amount of coverage on each quote request and to quote with as many carriers as you can. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Cutting your insurance rates is a fairly straight forward process. The only thing you need to do is spend a few minutes to get quotes provided by online insurance companies.
The auto insurance companies shown below provide price quotes in Dallas, TX. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
These discounts can reduce Mazda CX-5 insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the following list contains a few of the more well known as well as some of the hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Dallas auto insurance online.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking time to complete a driver safety course may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one company you could get a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% depending on your insurance provider.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one isn’t a discount, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a particular time prior to the accident.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount should help reduce the premium cost.
A few of the larger companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- GEICO may have discounts that include multi-policy, federal employee, driver training, military active duty, and anti-theft.
- Travelers has savings for new car, IntelliDrive, save driver, driver training, and home ownership.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for safe driver, renewal discount, 55 and retired, youthful driver, and driver training.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include newly retired, preferred payment discount, exclusive group savings, newly married, new graduate, multi-car, and multi-policy.
- American Family includes discounts for defensive driver, bundled insurance, accident-free, mySafetyValet, and air bags.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online quote discount, and good student.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company how you can save money. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in Dallas. To choose companies with discount insurance rates in Texas, follow this link.
Compare rates but still have a local Dallas insurance agency
A small number of people prefer to sit down with an agent and often times that is recommended Insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is you may find cheap insurance quotes and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Dallas that provide free Dallas auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. In the event you want to get a price quote for a specific company, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurer requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Dallas?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
Car insurance agents in Dallas come in two varieties
If you want to buy insurance from local Dallas agents, it’s important to understand the different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies in Dallas can either be exclusive or independent. Both types can write insurance policies, but it is important to understand the subtle differences since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents can only provide one company’s prices and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are not able to provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Many people buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
The following are Dallas exclusive insurance agents that are able to give price quote information.
- John Hall – State Farm Insurance Agent
3110 Webb Ave #205 – Dallas, TX 75205 – (972) 807-2051 – View Map
- State Farm: Brent Cooper
5232 Forest Ln #111 – Dallas, TX 75244 – (214) 987-1995 – View Map
- State Farm Insurance: Scott LaDuke Agency
2702 McKinney Ave #203 – Dallas, TX 75204 – (214) 740-1800 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents can quote rates with many companies so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. When comparing insurance prices, we recommend you include price quotes from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection. Most also have access to additional companies that you may not be familiar with which could offer lower prices.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in Dallas willing to provide price quotes.
- Oak Lawn Insurance
5200 Lemmon Ave #105, Dallas, TX 75209, USA – TX 75209, TX USA – (214) 521-2212 – View Map
- Frederiksen and Frederiksen Insurance
12900 Preston Rd #500 – Dallas, TX 75230 – (972) 387-8646 – View Map
- Ross “Pistol” Love – Love Insurance Agency
5400 E Mockingbird Ln #224 – Dallas, TX 75206 – (214) 843-0772 – View Map
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Rates
Lots of things are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but others are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
Youthful drivers cost more – More experienced drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable. Beginning drivers have a tendency to be more careless in a vehicle so insurance rates are higher.
Limits of liability protection – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage will provide protection in the event that you are found liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court to attempt to prove you were not liable. This coverage is relatively inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
More miles equals more premium – The more you drive in a year’s time the higher your rates will be. Many insurance companies calculate rates based on their usage. Cars and trucks that have low annual miles can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. A policy that improperly rates your CX-5 can result in significantly higher rates. Ask your agent if your policy is showing the correct usage for each vehicle.
Tickets inflate costs – Your driving citation history impacts premiums far more than you think. Attentive drivers get better prices as compared to careless drivers. Having a single moving violation may cause rates to rise by as much as thirty percent. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant tickets like DUI or willful reckless driving might be required by their state to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
More traffic means higher claims – Being located in less populated areas can save you money when talking about insurance. Lower population corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to fewer liability claims. Urban drivers tend to have more road rage incidents and longer commute times. The longer drive time means higher likelihood of an accident.
Do you know you’re credit rating? – Your credit history is likely to be a major factor in determining your rates. So if your credit score is not that good, you may save money insuring your Mazda CX-5 by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers who have good credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have bad credit.
Discounts for multiple policies – Most larger insurance companies allow better rates to insureds that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even fifteen percent. Even with this discount, consumers should still check prices from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Performance impacts costs – The performance of the vehicle you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The best insurance prices are usually found on the lowest performance passenger models, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Insurance loss data for Mazda CX-5 vehicles – Car insurance companies use data from past claims when determining insurance prices. Vehicles that statistically have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have a higher premium rate. The table below shows the actual insurance loss data for Mazda CX-5 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, is equal to 100. Values that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentage values above 100 point to more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Specific Mazda Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Mazda CX-5 4dr 2WD||66||88||85||79||83||76|
|Mazda CX-5 4dr 4WD||71||83||102||79||74||72|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Protect more than your CX-5
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance is mandatory in Texas but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Mazda has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Mazda at an extremely high rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your CX-5 are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $869 every year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Be persistent to save money
Discount Mazda CX-5 insurance in Dallas can be found online and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies may not offer rates over the internet and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced collision coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to save on Mazda CX-5 insurance in Dallas. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Dallas auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Much more information about auto insurance in Texas can be read on the following sites:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Fusion in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Dallas Car Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Dallas Auto Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Dallas Car Insurance for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Single Moms in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)