The preferred way to get more affordable auto insurance prices is to start comparing rates regularly from different companies that sell auto insurance in Denton.
- Try to learn about individual coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like high-risk driving behaviors and a negative credit history can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates for many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and determine if cheaper coverage is available. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Notify your current company to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new insurance company. Once the paperwork is finalized, place your new certificate of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
One tip to remember is to use the same level of coverage on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
A recent auto insurance study revealed that about 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. Consumers in America could pocket up to 46.5% a year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate the amount of money they would save if they switched.
This information will tell you how to effectively get price quotes and how you can save the most money. If you currently have auto insurance, you will surely be able to find better prices using the ideas you’re about to read. Drivers just need to know the most efficient way to compare company rates on the web.
How to shop auto insurance online
The car insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in Texas. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$1,486||$743||$124|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$1,602||$801||$134|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$1,290||$645||$108|
|Ford Explorer XLT 2WD||$1,384||$692||$115|
|Ford F-150 FX4 4WD||$1,524||$762||$127|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,450||$725||$121|
|Ford Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$1,626||$813||$136|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,666||$833||$139|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$1,290||$645||$108|
|Honda Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$1,690||$845||$141|
|Hyundai Sonata GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$1,564||$782||$130|
|Jeep Wrangler Sport Islander Package 4WD 2-Dr||$1,348||$674||$112|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,626||$813||$136|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,588||$794||$132|
|Toyota Corolla S||$1,588||$794||$132|
|Get Rate Quotes for Your Vehicle Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in specific location information which can raise or lower insurance rates greatly.
Three reasons to insure your vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, paying for insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability coverage if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, more than likely the lender will have a requirement that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your vehicle at a much higher premium rate and make you pay the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in America overpays as much as $700 annually so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Price influencing factors
Lots of things are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but others are less apparent such as your marital status or your financial responsibility. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that are used to determine your car insurance rates. If you know what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
- Don’t cancel your policy without a new one in place – Driving with no insurance is a misdemeanor and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. In addition to paying higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in a license revocation or jail time.
- Premiums go up with performance – The performance of the car or truck you need to insure makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. Low performance passenger vehicles generally have the cheapest insurance rates, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Save money with responsible credit – Your credit history can be a huge factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores. So if your credit is low, you could be paying less to insure your vehicle by improving your credit score.
- Prices for men may be higher – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. This data doesn’t prove that males are worse at driving than females. Both genders are in at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but men tend to have more serious accidents. They also receive more major tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Marriage is a factor – Having a spouse can get you a discount on car insurance. Marriage is viewed as being more mature and responsible and statistics show married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed – Insurance companies have many extra add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your policy. Things like rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea when you first buy your policy, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
The most affordable rates come from being thorough
We just presented some good ideas how you can get a better price on auto insurance in Denton. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Denton auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
When shopping online for auto insurance, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where an insured dropped liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper auto insurance in Denton can be bought online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best selection. A few companies do not offer price quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
More detailed auto insurance information can be found by following these links:
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Dallas Auto Insurance for a Toyota 4Runner? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Dallas Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Journey? (FAQ)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)