Shopping for lower-cost Dallas Audi A5 insurance quotes can seem to be impossible for drivers new to quoting and buying their auto insurance on the internet. With more and more insurers available, how are drivers expected to have a chance to compare each option to find better prices?
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Audi A5 insurance in Dallas
To save the most money, the best way to find discount car insurance rates in Dallas is to compare prices annually from different companies in Texas.
- It will benefit you to learn about car insurance and the steps you can take to prevent rate increases. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as getting speeding tickets and an imperfect credit rating can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel your existing policy. Submit a signed application and payment to your new agent or company. Once received, put the proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
One bit of advice is to make sure you enter the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. This enables a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want their customers to go rate shopping. Consumers who shop around at least once a year are likely to switch companies because there is a good probability of finding a lower-priced company. A survey found that people who compared rate quotes regularly saved as much as $3,500 over four years compared to those who never compared rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on insurance is your ultimate goal, then having an understanding of how to shop for insurance rates can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
You should make it a habit to check auto insurance prices on a regular basis since prices are constantly changing. Even if you think you had the lowest price on Audi A5 insurance in Dallas two years ago you can probably find a better rate quote now. There are a lot of ways to save on A5 insurance out there, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some excellent ideas to lower your auto insurance rates in Dallas.
Audi A5 Insurance Premium Factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that aid in calculating your car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower premium levels. Lots of things are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but some are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
- Minor frequent car insurance claims are not good – Auto insurance companies in Texas give the best rates to people that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- Do you qualify for a multi-policy discount? – Lots of insurance companies give a discount to insureds that purchase more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount consumers should still shop around to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Your vocation is a factor – Occupations like real estate brokers, business owners, and miners tend to pay higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to job stress and lots of time spent away from family. Conversely, jobs such as farmers, athletes and performers pay lower than average rates.
- Where you call home plays a part – Residing in small towns and rural areas is a good thing when buying car insurance. City drivers tend to have more aggressive driving styles and a longer drive to work. Less people means reduced accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Advanced GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Owning a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all hinder auto theft and help lower rates.
- Fewer miles means better prices – The higher the mileage driven annually the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most companies price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that do not get driven very much can get a lower rate than cars that get driven a lot. Incorrect rating for your A5 is just wasting money. It’s a good idea to make sure your car insurance policy correctly shows the correct usage for each vehicle.
Audi A5 historical loss data – Companies use data from past claims in order to profitably underwrite each model. Vehicles that statistically have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more to insure. The next table shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Audi A5 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is considered to be 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers shown that are more than 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
Audi A5 Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Audi Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi A5 2dr 4WD 196 92 140 73 83 100 Audi A5 Convertible 4WD 147 73 140 56BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance statistics for an Audi A5
The price information shown next covers estimates of coverage prices for Audi A5 models. Having a good grasp of how insurance rates are figured is important for you to make informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium 2-Dr Coupe||$354||$828||$366||$22||$110||$1,680||$140|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$354||$828||$366||$22||$110||$1,680||$140|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$354||$936||$366||$22||$110||$1,788||$149|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$354||$936||$366||$22||$110||$1,788||$149|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$354||$936||$366||$22||$110||$1,788||$149|
|A5 2.0T Premium 2-Dr Convertible||$354||$936||$430||$26||$128||$1,874||$156|
|A5 2.0T Premium Plus 2-Dr Convertible||$354||$936||$430||$26||$128||$1,874||$156|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$390||$936||$366||$22||$110||$1,824||$152|
|A5 2.0T Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Convertible||$390||$936||$430||$26||$128||$1,910||$159|
|A5 2.0T Prestige 2-Dr Convertible||$390||$936||$430||$26||$128||$1,910||$159|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$390||$1044||$366||$22||$110||$1,932||$161|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in garaging location in Dallas which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates significantly.
The example below shows how different deductible levels and can impact Audi A5 insurance premiums for different age groups of insureds. The premiums assume a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The diagram below shows the comparison of Audi A5 premium costs with and without physical damage coverage. Data assumes no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule to stop buying full coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Audi A5 replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $500 annually to have full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Discount Dallas insurance rates
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts that may help make it more affordable. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of quoting, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total A5 insurance premium.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Dallas car insurance quote.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Onboard Data Collection – Drivers that enable data collection to track driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Good Student Discount – Excelling in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Military Rewards – Being on active deployment in the military may lower your premium rates slightly.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Older drivers could receive lower premium rates.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
As is typical with insurance, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Audi A5 insurance prices with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The information is based on a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A list of insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- American Family has savings for early bird, good driver, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, good student, and defensive driver.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, driver’s education, multiple autos, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, and defensive driving training.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including student driver, defensive driver, theft prevention, good student, homeowners, 55 and older, and driver training.
- Travelers offers discounts for home ownership, save driver, hybrid/electric vehicle, student away at school, and continuous insurance.
- GEICO offers discounts including driver training, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, air bags, and anti-theft.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company how many discounts you can get. Savings may not apply to policyholders in Dallas. To find insurers offering insurance discounts in Texas, click here.
In the end, you can save money
We covered some good ideas how you can reduce Audi A5 insurance auto insurance rates online in Dallas. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Dallas car insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Dallas car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with the smaller companies. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like GEICO and State Farm.
Some insurance companies do not provide online rate quotes and usually these regional carriers work with independent agents. More affordable car insurance in Dallas can be sourced both online and with local Dallas insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best selection.
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to regret that the savings was not a smart move. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Steps to finding the cheapest rates for Audi A5 insurance in Dallas
The best way we recommend to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from providers that insure vehicles in Dallas. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
First, read and learn about car insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that increase rates like your driving record and a low credit rating can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
Third, compare the quotes to your existing policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money and make a switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Even more information can be found by following these links:
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- How Much are Dallas Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Ram? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Dallas Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Dallas Auto Insurance Quotes for Safe Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Dallas Car Insurance Rates for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Dallas Auto Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)