The best way we recommend to save money on car insurance rates in Arlington is to start comparing rates regularly from providers who sell auto insurance in Texas. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
First, learn about auto insurance and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many factors that increase rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and a negative credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details. Keep reading for more details to help keep rates affordable and find additional discounts.
Second, request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from many different companies. View rates
Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
An important bit of advice to remember is to compare the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
It's hard to believe, but about 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Arlington insurance shoppers could pocket roughly $1,770 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't know how much they could save if they replace their high priced policy.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing more quotes increases the chance that you will find the best price. Some companies don't provide price estimates online, so you should also compare prices from them, too.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Arlington, TX. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$1,470||$735||$123|
|Dodge Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$1,564||$782||$130|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$1,112||$556||$93|
|Ford Explorer XLT 4WD||$1,216||$608||$101|
|Ford F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$1,242||$621||$104|
|Ford Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$1,326||$663||$111|
|Ford Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,620||$810||$135|
|GMC Sierra SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$1,378||$689||$115|
|Honda Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,470||$735||$123|
|Honda CR-V EX-L 2WD||$1,112||$556||$93|
|Honda Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,500||$750||$125|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$1,378||$689||$115|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$1,284||$642||$107|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,352||$676||$113|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,378||$689||$115|
|Get Rate Quotes for Your Vehicle Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can affect rates greatly.
Insuring your vehicle just makes sense
Even though it can be expensive, paying for auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your vehicle with a loan, most banks will force you to have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your vehicle for a lot more money and make you pay the higher premium.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in Texas is overpaying more than $700 annually so you should quote your policy with other companies every year to save money.
Lower-cost Arlington car insurance quotes with discounts
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but a few must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking a course that instructs on driving safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Military Deployment Discount - Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
- No Accidents - Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts in comparison to frequent claim filers.
- E-sign - A few companies will give a small break for buying your policy on the web.
- Low Mileage - Low mileage vehicles may enable drivers to earn better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying a policy with multiple vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discount for Good Grades - Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Arlington auto insurance quote. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Owning a home in Arlington can save you money since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
- Telematics Data - Drivers who elect to allow their car insurance company to spy on driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot might see lower rates if they have good driving habits.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may reduce rates when you quote Arlington auto insurance with certain companies.
As is typical with insurance, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, it doesn't quite work that way.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- 21st Century may include discounts for teen driver, student driver, anti-lock brakes, theft prevention, automatic seat belts, and driver training.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, good student, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, anti-theft, multiple policy, safe vehicle, good student, and passive restraint.
- Nationwide has savings for accident-free, good student, multi-policy, easy pay, business or organization, anti-theft, and defensive driving.
- Esurance may offer discounts for Pac-12 alumni, online quote, anti-theft, claim free, safety device, and good driver.
- The Hartford discounts include driver training, defensive driver, anti-theft, good student, air bag, bundle, and vehicle fuel type.
Before you buy a policy, ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be offered on policies in your state. To see a list of insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in Arlington, click this link.
Get rate quotes but work with a local neighborhood Arlington car insurance agent
A small number of people prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Arlington who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. It's the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding a good company should include more criteria than just a cheap price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- How long has their agency been open in Arlington?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
Different types of Arlington car insurance agents
If you want to use a local insurance agency, it's important to understand the different types of agents and how they operate. Insurance agencies in Arlington are either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only place business with one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers sometimes use the same exclusive agent partially due to the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Arlington that are able to give price quote information.
- Randy McCoy - State Farm Insurance Agent
1730 W Randol Mill Rd #160 - Arlington, TX 76012 - (817) 274-1324 - View Map
- Steve Perryman - State Farm Insurance Agent
3800 SW Green Oaks Blvd - Arlington, TX 76017 - (817) 561-5555 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Philip Szurek
2614 W Arkansas Ln - Arlington, TX 76016 - (817) 303-3880 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel are not required to write business for one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to do anything. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it's a good idea to compare prices from multiple independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Many can place coverage with small mutual carriers who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Arlington that can give you price quote information.
- Nationwide Insurance: Comparable Insurance Agency Inc
1700 E Pioneer Pkwy Ste 190 - Arlington, TX 76010 - (817) 460-8899 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Abdiel Benjamin Arellano Agency
420 E Lamar Blvd Ste 204 - Arlington, TX 76011 - (817) 345-6000 - View Map
- Low Rate Insurance Agency
1900 E Abram St - Arlington, TX 76010 - (817) 635-0375 - View Map
If you feel you receive answers to your satisfaction and locked in a price quote, it's a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can service your policy.
Car insurance coverage specifics
Having a good grasp of car insurance helps when choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Car insurance terms can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as fire damage, hail damage, falling objects, theft and hitting a bird. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability auto insurance
This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property in an accident. This coverage protects you against other people's claims. Liability doesn't cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show limits of 30/60/25 which means a limit of $30,000 per injured person, $60,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like structural damage, repair costs for stationary objects, bail bonds, medical services and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. Texas requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why low liability limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
This pays for damage to your vehicle resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as hitting a parking meter, rolling your car, sustaining damage from a pot hole, scraping a guard rail and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for bills for things like prosthetic devices, nursing services and rehabilitation expenses. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This protects you and your vehicle's occupants when the "other guys" either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your vehicle.
Since many Texas drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 30/60/25), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
One last note
Insureds switch companies for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, high rates after DUI convictions, extreme rates for teen drivers or even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason, finding a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
Budget-conscious insurance can be sourced online and from local agencies, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional insurance providers work with local independent agents.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don't be tempted to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed full coverage only to find out they didn't have enough coverage. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Low Mileage Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for College Students in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Dallas Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Journey? (FAQ)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)