If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find cheaper quotes for Toyota Matrix insurance is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers in Dallas.
- First, try to understand how auto insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause high rates like accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit score can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your existing policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, keep your new proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An essential thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to compare every company you can. This ensures a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, nearly 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for over three years, and nearly the majority have never compared rates from other carriers. Many drivers in the U.S. could save themselves nearly 47% a year by just shopping around, but they just don’t want to do a rate comparison.
Just keep in mind that having more price comparisons will improve the odds of getting a better price.
The following companies offer quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get rate quotes from several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
The rate table shown next covers a range of insurance prices for Toyota Matrix models. Having knowledge of how car insurance prices are calculated can be of help when making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Matrix S 2WD||$288||$672||$462||$28||$138||$1,588||$132|
|Matrix S AWD||$288||$672||$462||$28||$138||$1,588||$132|
|Matrix XRS 2WD||$288||$672||$462||$28||$138||$1,588||$132|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Information does not factor in specific zip code location which can impact rates significantly.
The example below demonstrates how deductible levels and can increase or decrease Toyota Matrix insurance premiums for each age group. The costs are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Tickets and at-fault accidents raise rates
The information below shows how violations and at-fault accidents can drive up Toyota Matrix auto insurance rates for different age categories. The rates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Toyota with a loan, almost all lenders will require you to buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender will be forced to insure your Toyota at a more expensive rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects not only your Toyota but also your financial assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Toyota gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $750 every year so it’s important to compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Lower Insurance Rates with These Tips
Many factors are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, although others are more transparent such as whether you are married or how safe your car is.
The items below are some of the most common factors used by companies to determine your premiums.
- High credit score translates to low costs – Having a bad credit score can be an important factor in determining your rates. Insureds with high credit ratings tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers with worse credit. Therefore, if your credit score could use some work, you could be paying less to insure your Toyota Matrix by repairing your credit.
- Do you work long hours in a stressful job? – Occupations like doctors, architects, and dentists generally have higher rates than average because of job stress and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, careers such as farmers, athletes and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
Cheaper to insure gals? – Statistics demonstrate that females take fewer risks when driving. It does not mean females are better drivers. Females and males tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically receive more major tickets like driving under the influence (DUI).
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Matrix auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
- Raising comp and collision deductibles lowers rates – The deductibles represent how much money you are required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Protection for physical damage, also called ‘full coverage’, covers damage that occurs to your car. A few examples of covered claims could be colliding with a stationary object, damage caused by hail, and damage from wind. The larger the amount the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Urban areas may pay more – Having an address in less populated areas of the country may provide you with better prices when it comes to car insurance. Less people means fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. People who live in big cities regularly have traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. Spending more time driving means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Cars with good safety ratings means better rates – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to be cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and any reduction in injury severity means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you.
Cheap Dallas car insurance rates with discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there may be some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain reductions will be credited when you quote, but some may not be applied and must be specially asked for before they will apply. If you’re not getting every credit available, you are throwing money away.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking time to complete a defensive driving course is a good idea and can lower rates depending on where you live.
- Paperwork-free – Some of the larger companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy over the internet.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some car insurance companies reward drivers for signing up prior to the expiration date on your current Matrix insurance policy. You could save around 10% when you buy Dallas car insurance online.
- Student Discounts – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Dallas car insurance quote. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control are much safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles can earn lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can be considerably cheaper since new model year vehicles have better safety ratings.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of 20% or more.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Matrix insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the rates. The rates are based on a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, claim-free, and marriage discounts applied.
For a list of providers that offer many of these discounts in Dallas, click here to view.
Insurance is unique, just like you
When quoting and comparing the best insurance coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance needs to address that.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Toyota Matrix?
- Is my Toyota Matrix covered for flood damage?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- What does medical payments cover?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Compare prices but buy from a neighborhood Dallas auto insurance agent
Many drivers still prefer to go talk to an agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A good thing about comparing rates online is that you can obtain cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to insurance agents in Dallas who will give you quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing a insurer needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Any good agent in Dallas should know the answers to these questions.
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
When finding a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance agencies are either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates like State Farm or Allstate. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers often buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Dallas willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Roxy Brown – State Farm Insurance Agent
12640 E Northwest Hwy, Ste 408 – Dallas, TX 75228 – (972) 681-6128 – View Map
- Jon Essary – State Farm Insurance Agent
1214 W Davis St – Dallas, TX 75208 – (214) 948-6000 – View Map
- Kelvin Nunley – State Farm Insurance Agent
1441 N Cockrell Hill Rd #100 – Dallas, TX 75211 – (214) 333-0404 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are appointed with more than one company so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Many write coverage with smaller mutual companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below are Dallas independent agencies who can help you get price quote information.
- Stewart Insurance Agency
437 W 12th St – Dallas, TX 75208 – (214) 948-7600 – View Map
- The Phoenix Insurance
11615 Forest Central Dr #103 – Dallas, TX 75243 – (214) 253-0570 – View Map
- JME Insurance
5495 Belt Line Rd #333 – Dallas, TX 75254 – (972) 245-0266 – View Map
Affordable car insurance is out there
When buying insurance coverage, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where an insured cut full coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
The cheapest Toyota Matrix insurance in Dallas is possible on the web and from local agencies, so you need to shop Dallas car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not provide online quoting and usually these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents.
Even more information can be read by following these links:
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Camry in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Dallas Auto Insurance Rates for Hybrid Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)