Shockingly, a large majority of insurance policyholders have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never quoted insurance rates at all. Dallas drivers could save an average of up to 70% each year by just shopping around, but most just don’t grasp the actual amount they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
The easiest way to find more affordable Nissan Juke insurance in Dallas is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies who provide car insurance in Texas. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- First, get an understanding of coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many factors that result in higher prices such as traffic citations, accidents, and a poor credit score can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies.
- Third, compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, notify your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new policy. Once received, put the certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
The critical component of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverage information on each quote and and to get quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This ensures a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
Car insurance providers offering competitive price quotes in Texas
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Dallas, TX. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Verify you’re applying every discount
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but you may find discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you get a quote, but a few must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers who elect to allow companies to scrutinize driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select car insurance companies reward you with a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Student Discounts – Being a good student may save you up to 25%. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Seat Belts Save – Forcing all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Student in College – Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Dallas and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Memberships – Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups can get you a small discount on your next renewal.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on a single policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new Juke can save you some money due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
Drivers should understand that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way.
If you would like to see a list of companies with discount rates in Texas, click here.
What insurance coverages do I need?
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions can help discover if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- What are good deductibles for a Nissan Juke?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Local Dallas auto insurance agents and car insurance
A small number of people would prefer to sit down with an agent and doing that can be a smart decision A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get better rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Dallas that give free quotes to get your business. You won’t need to leave your computer because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. Get lower rates without a big time investment. If for some reason you want to get a price quote for a specific company, just visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing the best provider requires more thought than just the price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- How long has their agency been in business in Dallas?
When researching a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They usually cannot shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents primarily because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Dallas that can give you comparison quotes.
- Mike Baker – State Farm Insurance Agent
3400 Carlisle St Ste 470 – Dallas, TX 75204 – (214) 780-0900 – View Map
- Steve Barnes – State Farm Insurance Agent
4403 N Central Expy, Ste 100 – Dallas, TX 75205 – (214) 515-9900 – View Map
- Jon Essary – State Farm Insurance Agent
1214 W Davis St – Dallas, TX 75208 – (214) 948-6000 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency.
If you need lower rates, we recommend you include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options. Most have the option of insuring with small regional insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below are Dallas independent insurance agencies that can give you price quote information.
- JME Insurance
5495 Belt Line Rd #333 – Dallas, TX 75254 – (972) 245-0266 – View Map
- Ross “Pistol” Love – Love Insurance Agency
5400 E Mockingbird Ln #224 – Dallas, TX 75206 – (214) 843-0772 – View Map
- E F Insurance Agency
9304 Forest Ln #217 – Dallas, TX 75243 – (972) 931-9285 – View Map
Frequent quotes can save
When shopping online for insurance, it’s a bad idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Lower-priced Nissan Juke insurance in Dallas can be found online in addition to many Dallas insurance agents, so get free Dallas car insurance quotes from both of them so you have a total pricing picture. Some companies do not provide the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through local independent agents.
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Police Officers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients in Dallas? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Uber Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Active Military in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Teenagers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Dallas Auto Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Journey? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)