Anyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want customers comparing rates. Drivers who shop around for the cheapest price are highly likely to switch insurance companies because they have good chances of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent insurance study revealed that drivers who compared price quotes annually saved approximately $3,500 over four years compared to people who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the best rates on car insurance in Dallas is your objective, then having some insight into the best way to shop and compare car insurance can make the process more efficient.
The best way we recommend to find more affordable car insurance rates in Dallas is to start comparing rates regularly from different companies who sell insurance in Texas. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Learn about how companies set rates and the changes you can make to keep rates in check. Many factors that result in higher prices like speeding tickets, accidents and an unacceptable credit score can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to the new company. As soon as you can, put the new certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
One piece of advice is that you use similar coverage information on each quote request and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Dallas is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. Essentially everyone who is shopping for insurance will most likely find lower prices. Nevertheless, Texas car owners do need to learn the way companies price online insurance and use this information to your advantage.
Just remember that quoting more increases the chance that you will find lower pricing. Some companies don’t provide online Dallas LFA insurance quotes, so you also need to get prices from those companies as well.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Dallas, TX. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Why you need quality insurance for your vehicle
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Lexus LFA in Dallas, paying for insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability coverage in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your LFA has a loan, most banks will make it mandatory that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lexus at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for it.
- Insurance preserves your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your insurance policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Lower Your Dallas Insurance Rates
Many different elements are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are more obscure such as whether you are married or how safe your car is. When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that help determine the level of your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower auto insurance prices.
Liability coverage – A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will afford coverage if you are found to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It will provide legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
More traffic means higher claims – Living in a rural area is a positive aspect when talking about auto insurance. Residents of big cities regularly have more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims in addition to lower liability claims.
Insure your auto and home with one company – Many insurance companies will award lower prices to insureds that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to help guarantee you have the best rates.
Consider raising physical damage deductibles – The deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. Physical damage insurance, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of covered claims would be colliding with a stationary object, vandalism, and damage from wind. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
Credit rating impact auto insurance costs – A driver’s credit history is a big factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. Drivers who have very good credit scores tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with poor credit scores. So if your credit is low, you could potentially save money when insuring your Lexus LFA by improving your credit score.
Determine discounts to get cheap Dallas car insurance quotes
Companies don’t always list all possible discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Dallas car insurance online.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Multiple Cars – Drivers who insure primary and secondary vehicles on a single policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a course teaching safe driver skills can save you 5% or more and also improve your driving technique.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive reduced rates.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Dallas car insurance quote.
- Good Student Discount – Maintaining excellent grades may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
Please keep in mind that many deductions do not apply the whole policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A few popular companies and their possible discounts include:
- State Farm offers discounts including student away at school, accident-free, multiple policy, passive restraint, and multiple autos.
- American Family has discounts for good driver, good student, bundled insurance, early bird, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, and mySafetyValet.
- AAA may offer discounts for AAA membership discount, multi-policy, multi-car, good driver, good student, anti-theft, and pay-in-full.
- GEICO discounts include federal employee, daytime running lights, membership and employees, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, driver training, and anti-lock brakes.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for professional/association, ease of repair, multi-policy, good driver, anti-theft, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for mature driver, bundle discounts, business and professional, distant student, early shopping, alternative fuel, and electronic funds transfer.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, online signing, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
If you need the cheapest Lexus LFA rate quotes, ask every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Savings might not be offered in Dallas.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When it comes to coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Local Dallas insurance agents
A small number of people just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is a smart decision One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance data is submitted to insurance agents in Dallas who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to quote rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing an insurer needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Does their agency support local causes in Dallas?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Dallas?
After getting positive responses to any questions you have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you have narrowed it down to a company that can provide car insurance coverage. Just be aware that you are able to terminate your policy when you choose so never assume that you’re stuck with a specific agent for the entire policy term.
Get the best coverage at the lowest price
Some insurance providers don’t offer online rate quotes and usually these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agents. More affordable insurance in Dallas is available on the web and with local Dallas insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
When searching for cheaper Dallas car insurance quotes, never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
To learn more, take a look at these articles:
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Dallas Car Insurance for Low Credit Scores? (FAQ)
- How Much are Dallas Car Insurance Rates for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)