Truthfully, the best way to get cheaper car insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from providers in Dallas.
- Try to understand the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many rating factors that are responsible for high rates such as speeding and an unacceptable credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper Century coverage is available in Dallas. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Tell your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit a completed application and payment to your new insurance company. As soon as you can, store the certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is that you use the same deductibles and limits on each quote and to quote with every company you can. This enables a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Shockingly, the vast majority of car insurance customers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. Most drivers in Texas could pocket as much as 70% a year just by comparing rates, but they feel it’s too difficult to compare rates and save money.
How to get free Buick Century insurance quotes online
It’s important to know that comparing a large number of companies increases the chance that you will find the best rates.
The following companies provide free quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Cut your car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you may be missing some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but a few must be inquired about before being credited.
- Distant Student Discount – Kids living away from Dallas attending college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Sign Online – Certain car insurance companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to study driving patterns by using a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Accident-free drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck.
Large car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for homeowner, good student, business and professional, youthful driver, mature driver, early shopping, and alternative fuel.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include 55 and retired, multi-policy, driver training, youthful driver, and renewal discount.
- State Farm includes discounts for Drive Safe & Save, good driver, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and student away at school.
- GEICO has discounts for defensive driver, multi-policy, military active duty, driver training, federal employee, seat belt use, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for accident prevention training, drive less, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, and homeowner.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for new graduate, newly married, hybrid vehicle, teen driver discount, and preferred payment discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. A few discounts may not apply in Dallas.
Get Cheaper Insurance Costs by Understanding These Factors
Many things are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but other factors are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
- Pay less with a high safety rating – Safe vehicles tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and fewer serious injuries translates directly to fewer claims and thus lower rates. If your Buick scored at minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Cheaper rates by bundling – Many companies apply better rates to people that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you still need to comparison shop to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still save even more than the discount by splitting coverages up.
- Alarm systems lowers rates – Buying a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Advanced theft deterrents like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar help track and prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Raise comp and collision deductibles and save – Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. A few examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, damage from fire, and damage caused by flying debris. Physical damage deductibles represent how much money the insured will be required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The larger the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Marriage pays dividends – Walking down the aisle may cut your premiums on your car insurance policy. Marriage is viewed as being more responsible and insurance companies like that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Small claims can cost you – Auto insurance companies in Texas provide most affordable rates to people who are claim-free. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can pretty much guarantee either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is designed for more catastrophic claims.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are a lot of additional coverages that you can get tricked into buying but may not be useful. Coverage for things like roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and motor club memberships are some examples. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so get rid of them and save.
What if I want to buy from local Dallas insurance agents?
Many people still like to go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and also buy local.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the quote information is transmitted to insurance agents in Dallas that provide free Dallas car insurance quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you. You can find the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you need to compare prices for a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right company shouldn’t rely on just the price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- If they are an independent agency in Dallas, which companies do they recommend?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Dallas?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
Dallas car insurance agents come in two flavors
When searching for a reputable agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures and how they work. Agents in Dallas are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are trained well on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Dallas that are able to give price quote information.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are normally appointed by many insurers so they can insure your vehicles through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they can switch companies in-house and you don’t have to do anything. When searching for an agent, you definitely need to get rate quotes from a few independent agents to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below are independent agents in Dallas who can help you get rate quotes.
One last note
We just covered many ideas to compare Buick Century insurance car insurance rates in Dallas. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. Some small companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
The cheapest Buick Century insurance in Dallas is possible from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Dallas agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who do not provide price quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
Additional detailed information is available in the articles below:
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Handicapped Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Dallas Auto Insurance for State Employees? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Dallas Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- How Much is Dallas Car Insurance for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for a Learners Permit in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)