The easiest way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in Dallas is to annually compare prices from different companies who provide auto insurance in Texas.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as traffic violations and an unacceptable credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details. This article provides the details to get low prices and find possible discounts that are available.
- Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available in Dallas. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment and a signed application to the new company. Don’t forget to keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
One tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to analyze all possible companies. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Shockingly, the vast majority of consumers have bought auto insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never quoted auto insurance rates at all. Texas insurance shoppers could save roughly 70% each year just by comparing rates, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to compare other rate quotes.
Best companies for Acura TL insurance
The following companies offer comparison quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Acura TL coverage analysis
The rate information below covers estimates of rate quotes for Acura TL models. Knowing how policy rates are figured can aid in making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|TL 3.5 W/Technology Package||$318||$684||$430||$26||$128||$1,586||$132|
|TL 3.7 SH AWD||$318||$684||$430||$26||$128||$1,586||$132|
|TL 3.7 SH W/Technology Package AWD||$318||$788||$430||$26||$128||$1,690||$141|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in Dallas location which can increase or decrease coverage rates considerably.
Male drivers compared to female drivers in Dallas
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Acura TL car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data assumes no accidents, no driving violations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
How much more does full coverage cost?
The diagram below shows the difference between Acura TL annual premium costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The information is based on no accidents or driving violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no specific rule for phasing out physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Acura TL replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $500 a year for physical damage coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where only buying liability is not recommended. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
These discounts can lower your car insurance rates
Some providers don’t always advertise the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the list below contains a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Dallas auto insurance online. If you don’t get every credit available, you may be paying too high a price.
- Federal Employees – Federal government employees could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Dallas auto insurance quote.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Distant Student – Kids living away from Dallas attending college and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Good Drivers – Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Acura TL insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the premium. The premiums are based on a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and marriage discounts applied.
To find car insurance companies who offer online Acura TL insurance quotes in Texas, click here.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find lower rates.
The itemized list below are some of the items that factor into premiums.
Never let your auto insurance policy lapse – Having a gap between insurance policy dates will be a quick way to pay more for auto insurance. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance may result in fines or a revoked license. Then you may be required to file a SR-22 with the Texas department of motor vehicles.
Poor credit decisions can cost you – Having a bad credit history can be a huge factor in determining premium rates. Consumers who have very good credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with worse credit. So if your credit score is low, you could be paying less to insure your Acura TL by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Is you job costing you more? – Jobs like lawyers, social workers, and stock brokers tend to pay higher rates than the rest of us attributed to high stress and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, occupations such as farmers, historians and retirees pay the least.
Premiums go up with performance – The type of car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a significant difference in determining your rates. The best insurance prices tend to be for the lowest performance passenger cars, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
The next chart is based on a single female driver age 20, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Acura TL car insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have a range of performance risks.
Pay more by driving carelessly – Having just one speeding ticket or other violation can increase the cost of insurance by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who have multiple violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
The example below shows how traffic citations and at-fault claims can increase Acura TL car insurance costs for each different age category. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Insurance loss data for an Acura TL – Companies take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle when setting premium prices. Vehicles that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have increased rates.
The next table illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Acura TL vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average is set at 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more claims or statistically larger claims.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Acura TLX 4dr 2WD||90||75||97||93||74||77|
|Acura TLX 4dr 4WD||120||75|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local agents and insurance
Certain consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent. An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower prices but also keep your business local. And providing support for local insurance agents is still important in Dallas.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Dallas who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Below are Dallas insurance companies willing to provide comparison quotes for Acura TL insurance in Dallas.
Stewart Insurance Agency
437 W 12th St – Dallas, TX 75208 – (214) 948-7600 – View Map
Finding a good provider is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Is there a local claims center in Dallas?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cost effective Acura TL insurance is attainable on the web as well as from independent agents in Dallas, so you need to shop Dallas auto insurance with both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not offer rates over the internet and many times these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota RAV4 in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Dallas Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)