Do you want to save money by finding cheaper Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Dallas? Price shopping your Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Dallas is always frustrating for people who have little experience quoting coverage prices online. With such a large choice of insurers to choose from, it can easily turn into a difficult situation to find better prices on Volkswagen Jetta insurance.
How to quote cheaper Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Dallas
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get the cheapest Volkswagen Jetta insurance is to compare prices annually from companies in Dallas.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like distracted driving and a bad credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Read the full article for the details to find cheap prices and find additional discounts.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. View companies
- Compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save money and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a completed application and payment for your new policy. As soon as you receive it, place your new certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
The critical component of shopping around is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get prices from as many companies as you can. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
It's safe to conclude that car insurance companies don't want their customers to go rate shopping. Insureds who compare rates at least once a year will most likely switch companies because they stand a good chance of finding a policy with better rates. A recent survey found that people who routinely compared quotes saved about $70 a month compared to policyholders who don't make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the best price on insurance is the reason for your visit, then having a good understanding how to shop for coverage rates can make shopping around easier.
Consumers need to do rate comparisons yearly because car insurance prices change quite often. Even if you think you had the best rates on Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Dallas six months ago you can probably find a better rate quote now. You can search a lot of Jetta insurance online, but we're going to give you some guaranteed methods to reduce your car insurance bill.
Cheapest car insurance in Dallas, TX
The following companies are ready to provide price comparisons in Texas. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit several of them to get the cheapest price.
Detailed insurance information
The price information displayed next highlights different insurance premium costs for Volkswagen Jetta models. Knowing how premiums are established helps drivers make informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Jetta S 4-Dr Sedan||$218||$368||$392||$24||$118||$1,120||$93|
|Jetta S 2.5 Station Wagon||$218||$368||$334||$20||$100||$1,040||$87|
|Jetta LE 4-Dr Sedan||$218||$368||$392||$24||$118||$1,120||$93|
|Jetta SE 4-Dr Sedan||$246||$434||$392||$24||$118||$1,214||$101|
|Jetta SE 2.5 Station Wagon||$246||$434||$334||$20||$100||$1,134||$95|
|Jetta 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$246||$434||$392||$24||$118||$1,214||$101|
|Jetta SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$246||$434||$392||$24||$118||$1,214||$101|
|Jetta 2.0T Station Wagon||$246||$434||$334||$20||$100||$1,134||$95|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in zip code location which can affect coverage prices considerably.
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Volkswagen Jetta yearly insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Volkswagen Jetta liability-only versus full coverage
The information below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Jetta auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The premium estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no specific rule for phasing out physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's say your Volkswagen Jetta settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying more than $700 annually for physical damage coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some scenarios where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage in place.
Dallas insurance discounts for a Volkswagen Jetta
Some insurance providers don't list every discount very well, so below is a list some of the more common as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on a single policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This one isn't a discount, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
- Professional Organizations - Having an affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings when shopping for car insurance.
- Distant College Student Discount - College-age children who are attending college and won't have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Homeowners Savings - Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on car insurance because maintaining a house means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Life Insurance - Larger companies have a lower rate if you buy a life policy as well.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some companies give discounts for buying a new policy early. It can save you around 10%.
- Good Students Pay Less - This discount may save you up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
You can save money using discounts, but many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you won't be that lucky.
The example below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Jetta auto insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. Data assumes a female driver, no claims or violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- Progressive discounts include multi-policy, online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, and continuous coverage.
- SAFECO offers discounts for safe driver, accident prevention training, multi-car, teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, and bundle discounts.
- American Family may include discounts for Steer into Savings, defensive driver, bundled insurance, air bags, good driver, early bird, and TimeAway discount.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good student, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, claim-free, multi-policy
- GEICO has savings for daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, air bags, military active duty, five-year accident-free, and driver training.
- The Hartford has discounts for driver training, bundle, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, defensive driver, good student, and air bag.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts listed above may not be available in Dallas.
Volkswagen Jetta Insurance Premium Factors
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that could help you find big savings. Many different elements are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, but other factors are less apparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
The items below are a partial list of the pieces utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
Choose high IIHS safety ratings and save - Safe vehicles tend to be cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies which can result in lower premiums. If your Volkswagen Jetta scored at minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may cost less to insure.
Deter car thieves - Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Advanced theft deterrents like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart auto theft and help lower rates.
Men tend to take more risk - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown females are less aggressive when driving. Now that doesn't mean women are better drivers. Males and females are responsible for fender benders at about the same rate, but males cause more damage. Men also statistically get cited for more serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Jetta car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no claims or violations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Additional coverages that may be costing you - Insurance policies have a lot of additional coverages that sound like a good idea at the time but may not be useful. Add-on coverages like personal injury protection, towing, and Farm Bureau memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. These may sound like a good investment when buying your policy, but if you have no use for them remove them from your policy.
Liability coverage limits are a factor - Your car insurance policy's liability coverage will afford coverage if a jury decides you are liable for personal injury or accident damage. This coverage provides legal defense which can cost a lot. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
Car and home together may be cheaper - Many companies will give discounts to buyers who consolidate policies with them. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, drivers will still want to compare other Dallas Jetta insurance rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Raising deductibles saves money - Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. Insurance for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, collision with a deer, and damage caused by road hazards. The larger the amount you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
Responsible credit means lower rates - Having a bad credit history is likely to be a major factor in determining premium rates. People with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers who have lower credit ratings. Therefore, if your credit score could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Volkswagen Jetta by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Insurance losses for a Volkswagen Jetta - Insurers include the past claim trends for vehicles when setting premium rates. Models that tend to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have a higher premium rate.
The next table shows the historical loss data for Volkswagen Jetta vehicles. For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or tendency to have larger claims.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid||128||121||114||104|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local agents and car insurance
Some people just want to go talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes but also keep your business local.
By using this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Dallas who will give competitive quotes to get your business. You don't have to contact an agency as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can find lower rates and work with a local agent. If you need to quote rates from one company in particular, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing a insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Does their agency support local causes in Dallas?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Dallas for you
If you want a local Dallas insurance agent, there are two types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Dallas agents are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. These agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well schooled on sales techniques which can be an advantage. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
Shown below are Dallas exclusive agencies willing to provide price quotes.
- Kevin Davis - State Farm Insurance Agent
4801 Frankford Rd #100 - Dallas, TX 75287 - (972) 818-4223 - View Map
- Bill Remley - State Farm Insurance Agent
4230 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy #105 - Dallas, TX 75244 - (972) 488-3822 - View Map
- Todd Schara - State Farm Insurance Agent
516 S Hampton Rd #140 - Dallas, TX 75208 - (214) 943-7500 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents can sell policies from many different companies so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and get you the best rates possible. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to switch agencies.
When comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. A lot of them also have access to mutual insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Dallas that are able to give price quote information.
- E F Insurance Agency
9304 Forest Ln #217 - Dallas, TX 75243 - (972) 931-9285 - View Map
- Rodriguez Insurance Agency LLC
13111 N Central Expy Suite 8001 - Dallas, TX 75243 - (888) 797-1924 - View Map
- La Familia Auto Insurance
8702 Spring Valley Rd - Dallas, TX 75240 - (972) 586-7488 - View Map
You just learned some good ideas how to shop for Volkswagen Jetta insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding low cost Dallas auto insurance quotes. You may even find the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier.
When you buy Dallas auto insurance online, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, not issuing a premium refund, policy cancellation and even unfair underwriting practices. Regardless of your reason, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
Steps to finding lower priced Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Dallas
Truthfully, the best way to find discount Volkswagen Jetta insurance in Dallas is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Texas. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
First, take a few minutes and learn about how auto insurance works and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and poor credit history can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for many different companies.
Third, compare the new rates to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment for the new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, place your new proof of insurance paperwork with the vehicle registration.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to use identical deductibles and limits on each quote request and and to analyze as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and a complete rate analysis.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found in the articles below:
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Dallas Auto Insurance for High Risk Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Young Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Company Car in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Dallas Car Insurance for Nurses? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for College Graduates in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)