Dodge Grand Caravan insurance cost image courtesy of QuoteInspector.com
The recommended way to get affordable Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Dallas is to compare prices once a year from insurers in Texas. This can be done by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Try to understand auto insurance and the steps you can take to prevent high rates. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like speeding tickets, accidents and a negative credit history can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies. Find a Dallas insurance agent
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Notify your agent or company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit payment and a completed application to the new company. Once coverage is bound, put the certificate verifying coverage in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is that you use the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get quotes from every company you can. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
It goes without saying that auto insurance companies don't want their policyholders to compare prices. People who compare rates annually are inclined to switch to a new company because of the good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent study showed that people who compared prices regularly saved an average of $860 a year compared to policyholders who never compared prices.
If finding low prices for auto insurance in Dallas is why you're here, then learning about how to find and compare car insurance can help you succeed in saving money.
If you have insurance now or are just looking to switch companies, take advantage of these tips to save money and still have adequate protection. Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Dallas is really quite easy. You only have to learn the proper way to shop from many companies at once.
The best way to compare insurance rates in your area takes advantage of the fact all the major auto insurance companies allow for online access to provide you with free rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like if it has an alarm system, whether or not you need a SR-22, how much you drive, and your education level. The data gets sent immediately to many different companies and you get price estimates within a short period of time.
To compare cheap Dodge Grand Caravan insurance rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Texas. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
The coverage information displayed below showcases different insurance rates for Dodge Grand Caravan models. Learning more about how insurance prices are determined can help guide drivers when making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Caravan CV||$336||$408||$500||$30||$150||$1,424||$119|
|Grand Caravan SE||$336||$408||$500||$30||$150||$1,424||$119|
|Grand Caravan Hero||$336||$496||$500||$30||$150||$1,512||$126|
|Grand Caravan Crew||$378||$496||$500||$30||$150||$1,554||$130|
|Grand Caravan SXT||$378||$496||$500||$30||$150||$1,554||$130|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in garaging location in Dallas which can alter auto insurance rates significantly.
Full coverage or liability only
The example below shows the difference between Dodge Grand Caravan premium costs with full coverage compared to only the Texas minimum liability coverage. The premiums assume no claims or driving citations, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no exact formula that works best for making the decision to drop full coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Dodge Grand Caravan book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are currently paying more than $400 annually for full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Insurance is not optional in Texas
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Dodge Grand Caravan with a loan, most lenders will require that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Dodge at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. But the average driver in Texas overpays more than $830 a year so it's important to compare rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Lower Your Dallas Insurance Prices
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help calculate your policy premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you better insurance rates.
The following are just a few of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set prices.
- City dwellers may pay more - Being located in a rural area can be a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have traffic congestion and more severe claims. Fewer drivers and short commutes means fewer accidents.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use - The more miles you rack up on your Dodge each year the higher your rate. Almost all companies apply a rate determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that do not get driven very much can get a lower rate than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Having the wrong rating on your Grand Caravan may be wasting your money. Verify your declarations sheet states the proper vehicle usage.
- Having a spouse reduces risk - Getting married may save some money compared to being single. Having a significant other is viewed as being more stable financially and insurance companies like that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Bad driving leads to higher rates - Whether or not you get tickets has a big impact on rates. Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Just one driving citation can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Drivers who have received flagrant violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to complete a SR-22 with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and accidents can raise Dodge Grand Caravan insurance premiums for different insured age categories. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher prices - Going without insurance will be a quick way to drive up your policy premiums. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage can result in a steep fine or even jail time. You may then have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Texas motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Advanced alarm systems - Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Systems that thwart thieves like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system can help prevent car theft.
Dodge Grand Caravan insurance claim data - Insurance companies analyze the history of losses to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Vehicles that have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher rates. The next table illustrates the collected loss data for Dodge Grand Caravan vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as a total average, equals 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more claims or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Dodge Grand Caravan 79 104 81 108 108 107BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Be persistent to save money
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage only to regret that it was a big mistake. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the best price.
Lower-priced car insurance in Dallas can be sourced online and from local insurance agents, so you need to quote Dallas car insurance with both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers do not offer internet price quotes and these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agencies.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Dallas Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Dallas Auto Insurance Quotes for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)