If you want to save money, the best way to get affordable car insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in Grand Prairie. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Try to comprehend what is in your policy and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a low credit score can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article provides ideas to help prevent high rates and earn larger discounts.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Tell your current company to cancel the current policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new policy. When you receive it, place the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
One bit of advice is to use the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. This enables a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Smart shoppers know that auto insurance companies don't want their customers to go rate shopping. Consumers who compare rates once a year are likely to buy a different policy because they stand a good chance of finding better rates. A recent car insurance study discovered that people who regularly compared rates saved on average $3,500 over four years compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the lowest price for car insurance in Grand Prairie is your target objective, then having some knowledge of the best way to compare insurance rates can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
When price shopping your coverage, more quotes increases the chance that you will find more affordable insurance. Some companies don't provide online price quotes, so you should also compare quotes from those companies as well.
The car insurance companies shown below provide free quotes in Grand Prairie, TX. If the list has multiple companies, it's highly recommended you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Colorado LT 2WD||$910||$455||$76|
|Chevrolet Impala LS||$988||$494||$82|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$1,092||$546||$91|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SE||$956||$478||$80|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$1,102||$551||$92|
|Ford Escape XLT 2WD||$854||$427||$71|
|Ford F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$932||$466||$78|
|Ford Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$1,134||$567||$95|
|Honda Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$854||$427||$71|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$854||$427||$71|
|Honda Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,044||$522||$87|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,092||$546||$91|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,012||$506||$84|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,092||$546||$91|
|Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$1,036||$518||$86|
|Get Rate Quotes for Your Vehicle Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in specific location which can revise coverage rates considerably.
Why car insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Grand Prairie, insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability protection in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it's most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your vehicle for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your assets and your car. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of your driving. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so it's important to compare rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Grand Prairie car insurance premiums are influenced by these factors
Many different elements are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as your driving history, although some other factors are more transparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
The following are most of the major factors car insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- Pay more out-of-pocket - Your deductibles are how much you are willing to pay before your car insurance pays a claim. Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply would be collision with another vehicle, hail damage, or theft of your vehicle. The more money you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the bigger discount you will receive.
- How credit score affects car insurance premiums - An insured's credit history is a large factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have bad credit. Therefore, if your credit history is low, you may save money insuring your vehicle if you clean up your credit.
- Don't buy extra coverages that may not be needed - There are a ton of extra coverages that can waste your money if you don't pay attention. Insurance for things like roadside assistance, better glass coverage, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. They may seem good initially, but if you've never needed them in the past remove them and pocket the money.
- Do males or females drive better? - Over time, data shows that females tend to be a little less risky than males. Now that doesn't mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Both sexes are in auto accidents in similar numbers, but guys have costlier accidents. Not only that, but men also get more serious tickets such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Males from age 16 to 21 generally have the highest accident percentage and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Use one insurance company and save - Lots of car insurance companies allow discounts for people who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount, consumers should still check prices from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Poor driving habits leads to higher premiums - Only having one ticket can increase the cost of insurance by twenty percent. Good drivers pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who have gotten multiple citations like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may find that they have to to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to legally drive.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Some providers do not list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down both the well known and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates.
- Telematics Discount - Insureds who allow their company to spy on where and when they drive by using a telematics device such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Anti-theft Discount - Vehicles that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more.
- No Accidents - Good drivers with no accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Grand Prairie car insurance quote as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Multi-line Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase a life policy as well.
- Memberships - Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Grand Prairie could qualify you for a break on auto insurance.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Driving less can qualify you for lower prices due to less chance of an accident.
- Safe Driver Discounts - Accident-free drivers can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Smart Student Discounts - This discount may save as much as 25% on a Grand Prairie car insurance quote. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though you would think you could get a free auto insurance policy, you aren't that lucky. But all discounts will definitely lower your auto insurance premiums.
The best auto insurance companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm discounts include accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, good driver, good student, multiple policy, and student away at school.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for pay in full, homeowner, mature driver, switch companies, multi-car, and alternative fuel.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for driver training, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, federal employee, and seat belt use.
- American Family offers discounts including TimeAway discount, defensive driver, air bags, multi-vehicle, and good driver.
- Nationwide may have discounts that include multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, family plan, defensive driving, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, online signing, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in your state.
Situations that may require an agent's advice
Always remember that when buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a "best" method to buy coverage. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your situation could use an agent's help.
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my vehicle?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my vehicle to commute?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Insurance agent or online?
Many people prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you can get the best rates and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with small agencies is still important in Grand Prairie.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the quote information gets sent to agents in your area that provide free Grand Prairie car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you can always visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
If you would like to find a local Grand Prairie insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies in Grand Prairie may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agencies often have many company appointments so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you.
When comparing rates, we highly recommend that you get rate quotes from independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with smaller mutual companies which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Grand Prairie that can possibly get you pricing information.
- Hunt Insurance Group
2080 N Hwy 360 #375 - Grand Prairie, TX 75050 - (817) 784-9499 - View Map
- Debo Insurance Agency
2330 S Belt Line Rd - Grand Prairie, TX 75051 - (972) 642-1203 - View Map
- PLS Insurance Agency of Tx
W Pioneer Pkwy - Grand Prairie, TX 75050 - (972) 641-7000 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company's products which helps them sell on service rather than price. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years mainly due to high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Grand Prairie willing to provide price quote information.
- Charlie England - State Farm Insurance Agent
4242 S Carrier Pkwy - Grand Prairie, TX 75052 - (972) 264-3276 - View Map
- David Peterson - State Farm Insurance Agent
2580 W Camp Wisdom Rd #400 - Grand Prairie, TX 75052 - (972) 660-5999 - View Map
- Patty Diaz - State Farm Insurance Agent
2100 N State Hwy 360 Service Rd E #601 - Grand Prairie, TX 75050 - (972) 623-2255 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agent should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Is there a local claims center in Grand Prairie?
Shop smart and save
We've covered many ideas to find cheaper coverage online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better your chances of lowering your auto insurance rates. You may even be surprised to find that the most savings is with the least-expected company. Smaller companies may have significantly lower auto insurance rates on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Cheaper car insurance in Grand Prairie can be purchased from both online companies and with local Grand Prairie insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies do not provide online quoting and usually these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
When searching for low cost Grand Prairie car insurance quotes, don't be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
To read more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford F-150 in Dallas? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Dallas Auto Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)