How long has it been since you sat down and looked for more affordable insurance rates in Frisco, TX? Are you intimidated by the wide range of insurance sources in your area? You have such a vast assortment of sources available that it is a real hassle to compare prices on insurance. Everyone knows Frisco has many things to offer, but high insurance prices can make it hard for many drivers to be able to afford adequate coverage.
It's easy to assume that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Drivers who compare rates once a year are very likely to buy a different policy because they have a good chance of finding a lower-priced company. A recent survey discovered that people who compared price quotes annually saved as much as $3,500 over four years compared to people who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on insurance is the reason you're here, understanding how to quote prices and compare insurance rates can help you succeed in saving money.
Low cost car insurance prices in Frisco, TX
To find low cost Frisco auto insurance quotes, there are several ways to get quotes from lots of Texas car insurance companies. The easiest way by far to comparison shop is to perform an online rate comparison.
When price shopping your coverage, quoting more provides better odds of finding better pricing. Not every company does online quotes, so you need to compare quotes from them as well.
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$1,138||$569||$95|
|Dodge Grand Caravan SXT||$1,082||$541||$90|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$1,234||$617||$103|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$898||$449||$75|
|Ford F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$984||$492||$82|
|Ford Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$1,098||$549||$92|
|Ford Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,138||$569||$95|
|GMC Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$1,062||$531||$89|
|Honda Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$898||$449||$75|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$898||$449||$75|
|Honda Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,246||$623||$104|
|Hyundai Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,118||$559||$93|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD||$1,138||$569||$95|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,118||$559||$93|
|Toyota Camry LE||$1,062||$531||$89|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,138||$569||$95|
|Get Rate Quotes for Your Vehicle Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in specific Frisco garaging location which can decrease or increase price quotes noticeably.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, most lenders will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your vehicle at a much higher rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. An average driver in America overpays more than $865 each year so you should quote rates at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Five tips to get lower Frisco insurance premiums
Lots of things are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic such as your driving record, but other criteria are more obscure like where you live or your vehicle rating.
The factors shown below are a partial list of the pieces used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
Your location is important - Being located in areas with lower population may provide you with better prices when insuring your vehicles. People who live in big cities have to deal with congested traffic and higher rates of accident claims. Lower population means less chance of accidents in addition to lower liability claims.
Know your vehicle's NHTSA crash test rating - Safer cars can get you lower premiums. Safer cars protect occupants better and reduced instances of injuries means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates. If your car, truck, or SUV has at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may cost less to insure.
Poor credit can mean higher costs - Having a bad credit history is a large factor in determining what you pay for insurance. People with high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure as compared to drivers with poor credit. Therefore, if your credit history can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your vehicle if you improve your credit rating.
The more you drive the more you pay - Driving a lot of miles annually the more you will pay for insurance. Most insurance companies apply a rate based on how the vehicle is used. Cars that sit idle most of the time receive lower rates than those that get driven frequently. It's a good idea to make sure your vehicle rating is rated on how each vehicle is driven.
Certain occupations raise rates - Did you know your career choice can influence rates? Jobs such as doctors, architects, and accountants usually pay the highest rates due to job stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the other hand, professions such as actors, students and performers get better rates.
Find cheaper rates by comparing often
Discount car insurance in Frisco is attainable from both online companies in addition to many Frisco insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not provide price quotes online and many times these smaller companies work with local independent agents.
We just covered many tips how you can lower your car insurance premium rates in Frisco. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you'll have of finding inexpensive Frisco auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with the smaller companies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, don't be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, someone dropped collision coverage only to find out that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
How to find cheaper quotes for car insurance in Frisco
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to get the cheapest car insurance rates is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in Frisco.
- Spend some time learning about how auto insurance works and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many rating factors that result in higher rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a negative credit history can be eliminated by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources.
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in Frisco. If you can save money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. When you receive it, place your new certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle's glove compartment or console.
An essential thing to point out is to try to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
More detailed car insurance information is located in these articles:
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 4x4 Vehicles in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Young Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers with Good Credit in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Car Insurance for Uninsured Drivers in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Dallas? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Dallas? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)