The easiest way to find low-cost prices for auto insurance rates in McKinney is to do an annual price comparison from providers in Texas. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- First, read and learn about how companies price auto insurance and the modifications you can make to drop your rates. Many factors that cause high rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and an unacceptable credit rating can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article gives tips to prevent rate hikes and get additional discounts.
- Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on insurance in McKinney. If you find better rates and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, give notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for the new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle's glove compartment or console.
The most important part of this process is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to look at as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It's amazing but nearly 70% of Texas drivers have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Many drivers in the U.S. could save themselves about 46.5% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don't want to go online and compare rates.
The best way we recommend to get policy rate comparisons utilizes the fact most of the bigger providers provide online access to give free rates quotes. To get started, all you need to do is provide details like how much coverage you want, how much you drive, if it has an anti-theft system, and whether you drive to work or school. Those rating factors gets transmitted to insurance carriers in your area and they provide comparison quotes within a short period of time.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and enter your coverage details.
The providers in the list below provide price quotes in Texas. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you compare several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LS||$1,480||$740||$123|
|Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$1,752||$876||$146|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$1,778||$889||$148|
|Ford Edge SEL 2WD||$1,480||$740||$123|
|Ford Escape XLT 4WD||$1,314||$657||$110|
|Ford F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$1,416||$708||$118|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,480||$740||$123|
|Ford Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$1,790||$895||$149|
|Honda Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,278||$639||$107|
|Honda CR-V EX 2WD||$1,278||$639||$107|
|Honda Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$1,580||$790||$132|
|Honda Odyssey EX-L W/Navigation||$1,616||$808||$135|
|Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2-Dr||$1,416||$708||$118|
|Kia Optima SX||$1,740||$870||$145|
|Nissan Altima 2.5 4-Dr Sedan||$1,516||$758||$126|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,616||$808||$135|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,616||$808||$135|
|Toyota RAV4 Limited 2WD||$1,516||$758||$126|
|Get Rate Quotes for Your Vehicle Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise premiums substantially.
These discounts can reduce insurance rates
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might already qualify for some discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Certain credits will be shown when you get a quote, but a few must be requested specifically prior to getting the savings.
- Life Insurance Discount - Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower premium rate if you buy a life policy as well.
- Active Military Service - Having a deployed family member could mean lower insurance rates.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not really a discount, but companies like Progressive, State Farm and GEICO permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage so long as you haven't had any claims for a set time period.
- Safe Drivers - Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- College Student Discount - Children who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Employee of Federal Government - Federal government employees may qualify for a discount when you quote McKinney auto insurance with certain companies.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your overall bill.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are shown below.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and good student.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, homeowner, and teen safety rewards.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including air bags, accident-free, TimeAway discount, early bird, defensive driver, bundled insurance, and Steer into Savings.
- MetLife has savings for defensive driver, accident-free, good driver, multi-policy, claim-free, good student
- GEICO may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, membership and employees, federal employee, seat belt use, and daytime running lights.
- The Hartford offers discounts for vehicle fuel type, good student, anti-theft, driver training, bundle, defensive driver, and air bag.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in your state. To find insurers who offer free insurance quotes in McKinney, click here to view.
You have control over your auto insurance prices
When buying auto insurance it's important to understand the different types of things that come into play when calculating your premiums. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this helps enable you to make changes that could help you find lower premium levels.
- Prices may be higher where you live - Residing in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has definite advantages when talking about auto insurance. People who live in big cities regularly have more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers corresponds to lower accident rates and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
- Performance impacts insurance rates - The performance level of the car or truck you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. Economy passenger models normally have pretty low rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage - Liability insurance will afford coverage when a court rules you are at fault for an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Driver age impacts premiums - More experienced drivers are more cautious drivers, cause fewer claims and accidents, and usually have better credit. Teenage drivers have a tendency to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
- Is you job costing you more? - Do you have a high-stress occupation? Careers like judges, social workers, and financial analysts tend to pay higher average rates in part from intense work-related stress and lengthy work days. On the flip side, jobs such as farmers, students and performers receive lower rates.
- Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket - Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims are a broken windshield, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. Comp and collision deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before a claim is paid by your company. The more of the claim you have to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- Maintain auto insurance coverage - Allowing your coverage to lapse will be a quick way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage could earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Don't abuse policy claims - If you file a lot of claims you can expect higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Texas provide lower rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.